
Dvd's, dvd's. Here are 2 of the 4 movies we rented for the month of May so far. Gran Torino, haven't had the chance to see this yet but it looks excellent. And the reviews for it are good according to imdb online. Saw 6 the hubby and I saw this late Saturday night after the kids went to sleep. We saw and liked the original Saw. And as the reviews sort of said, the others were somewhat lame. So we weren't going to rent this one. Then I went to imdb and a bunch of people said the same thing, first one was good, the others not really but this one was good. So I took a chance and rented it. And Noboru and I really enjoyed it. I covered my eyes quite a few times. But it was pretty good. We also rented 2 for June already am on the waiting list for those already. The Hannah Montana movie (for the kids) and "The Haunting in Connecticut" for us. We chose another for May already. Hmm, the title escapes me now. If I think of it, I'll come back and write it. Oh yeah...Inglourious Basterds. However, we changed our minds and will now cancel that movie and look for something else to watch instead. So 2 for May still not picked yet.

Last Friday, was nice. We were all ready to start the weekend. I ran to the store earlier that day while the boys were at school. And for dinner, we had french bread pizzas. If you're from the US. You might remember those yummy Stouffer's french bread pizzas in the freezer section? ; ) I sliced the bread in half, and let the boys have at it and make the pizzas. I watched and they did most of it. They love helping with dinner and it's good for them to feel helpful. Everything can be bought in Japan, the bread, the sauce, the cheese. If you have no access to pepperoni and don't wanna order from the Meat Guy online. Ham would be great too. Or a veggie french bread pizza too would be yummy as well. The topping combinations are endless. Whatever you want. ; )

Whacked it in the oven. And they were done right when I finished with the salads.

Last Friday's quick and easy meal, french bread pizzas and a salad. Fast and delicious.
: )

This past Saturday was Noah's first day in the B course. The whole family went. We knew ahead of time the B course kids can range from being "blue badges" the last year of yochien, to ninensei's and even sannensei's, there's no set age, as long as you're over the age of 5 you can be a B course. When the other B course kids started filing in. They looked gigantic compared to our 4 year old Noah. I mean, they looked like Branden sized kids for crying out loud! I could see the little bit of worry on his face. And I reassured my son. I said, "Noah don't you worry honey, we'll be right here watching you from this window. You're going to do fine. They wouldn't have let you into this course if you weren't ready" when it was time for them to begin their warm up exercises so you don't pull anything in the pool, Branden escorted him downstairs. I think that way they could see he had a big brother. Branden is the one who wanted to escort him down. Everyone had a # and Noah was the only one in the entire pool wearing a tulip. I did not know at the time but Noah told me afterwards. The coach made a quick speech to the class downstairs and said, "Noah was only 4 years old, he is now in their swimming course and to please help him" They all said, hai!!! And the little boy who was a good foot taller then Noah in this picture also with a white cap, he helped Noah out quite a bit. Not with swimming technique because they all have the same swim level, but he was nice to Noah and talked with him, tried to make him laugh. Also another little girl probably about age 6 or 7. Talked with Noah quite a bit too. The boy with the white cap (looks about 6 years old) though was super to Noah. And when we were leaving the swim school he told Noah in Japanese..."Good bye new friend" That made me feel so relieved about him switching to the B course so looks like things will be A-okay. Huge sigh of relief. And Branden told that boy...thank you for helping my brother today. And the mom sayonara'ed me and I did the same. ; )

Here's Noah down in the pool, the last time he would ever wear that red tulip again. It is now on his swimming bag.

Go Noah go!

The lowest level you can get is a 17 the best a #1. Branden is a #4. And after testing Noah he was determined to be a level 14. All the flowers he achieved because he earned them. He worked hard for them and they now are sewn on his swimming bag. Well done Noah, we are so proud of you too baby! : )
Bits and pieces: Noah has an ensoku/field trip this coming Friday. My husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day this year and instead of choosing something like flowers or candy and whatnot. I chose something practical. I placed a small order from the Flying Pig. Stuff the whole family can use. Like 2 big containers of cookies and cream ice-cream and a few other things as well. ; ) Should be getting here this coming Wednesday. Though we did go out as a family for Mother's day and out to lunch etc. Which I'll post that up soon.
In the news: Sandra Bullock getting a divorce and also adopted a little baby (before the whole cheating thing came to light though). I wish her all the best. I really like her a whole lot as I've said before and I think she'll get through this. I really do.
