Saturday, April 03, 2010

Back from Guam!!! : )

March 29th, is the day Branden and I left to Guam. March 30th is the day we arrived back to Japan. We were there for about 4 hours or so. This wasn't an "ahhh what a relaxing vacation" type trip. This was basically a grocery shopping run! The flight was at 7pm/8pm Guam time. We arrived around 11:40pm. The pic is of Branden and I at our gate and watching the snow fall outside Narita airport. It snowed the evening we left to Guam. Noah stayed obviously with Noboru and they had their own special one on one time together, they went out for sushi together. Meanwhile B and I flew to get some shopping done.
Branden sitting in first class. Meanwhile people were boarding the plane.
Each row is 4 windows worth/total and the leg room alone extends for 2 windows, so the leg room is amazing and the seats fold out into beds. So the flight is quite comfy. Which is nice since it was night time and we needed our rest too.
My Prada tote safely in the spot down below. The complimentary bottle of water. And I think you can see a passengers leg as they were entering the plane. Everyone in first class gets a complimentary champagne at entry or orange juice. I'm not a drinker so, I had the orange juice while the rest of the plane boarded.
By now the flight had taken off, we've levelled off and Branden was picking his movie and I was picking mine. Branden chose Alvin and the Chipmunks 2, and I picked "The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock, she's so amazing, I really like her!!!! And the movie, based on a true story was fantastic!!!
Noise cancelling headphones.
Our feet nicely propped up and us enjoying our movie with drinks and ice in a real glass. The snacks, I had saved for Noah since I know he loves those. ; )
The meal. Chicken teriyaki, rice, salad, fruit, the other thing said, baby lobster salad, though, I did not eat that. And the strawberry mousse. Mini salt and pepper shakers. After the movie, I slept a bit and so did B.
My dad was waiting and we headed straight to Kmart, then to Payless grocery store, then I was done. We had time to kill, so we went to Denny's and then to Winchell's and then my dad dropped me back at the airport. As quickly as I arrived, is as quickly as I left.
I had a small shopping list. Branden helped me quite a bit with reading my shopping list off for me and helping me in general. He's so helpful.
And at Denny's. I had a veggie and cheese omelet, hasbrowns, white toast and coffee.
Branden had the chicken nugget and fries combo with hot chocolate. Branden was not tired and he slept the entire way back to Japan. He also loved the one on one time with mom. And he felt it was such an exciting adventure. He really had fun.
My dad had the senior omelet and fruit cup. With coffee. And though he talks to B all the time anyway, they caught up with one another. So that was nice.
This is what we brought back.
And a whole dozen donuts back, for Noah and the hubby! When Noah and Noboru met us at the airport, I told Noah...I brought these donuts back especially for YOU! ; ) Just in case he was having any feelings of being left out by not going. Which he wasn't.... but just in case. ; )
3 blueberry filled donuts, 5 strawberry filled, cinnamon crunch, coconut and 2 glaze.
I am not sure why Mister Donut doesn't sell fruit filled donuts like this, well the one near us doesn't that's for sure at least. But man...they're so yummy! Noboru loved these donuts. So did the boys! Oh yeah and as I entered the plane the attendants mentioned my donuts and as I exited in Narita, the Japanese man and his family in first class behind B and I right before we deboarded the airplane. He told his wife, in Japanese "oh man, she brought back donuts" I smiled at them as we deboarded the plane. They were very nice. : )
Longhorn/colby cheese, we do love cheese in our household, so it was nice to be able to buy some there. 48 slices of American sliced cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches. crescent rolls, lasagna, and enchilada fixings. Yumm-o! : )
Salsa and chips for movie night. Mango for the boys. Chili beans for my friend and 1 can for my family. Stuffing, and gravy.
Brownies for a friend and for also my family as well. Popcorn for a friend and also for us. Miracle whip for sandwiches. Jif peanut butter because Noah eats it like it's going out of style. Turtles (pecan caramel clusters, these are for me, my treat for after the kids go to sleep, shhh)
Honey Bunches with Strawberry for Noboru, generic Lucky charms for the kids. Hey we totally don't mind generics and if I can get 1-2 lbs for cheap all the better!!! That's just smart saving money like that. Two (1 each) of enormous cans of lemonade and fruit punch Kool Aid. Cinnamon gum I love cinnamon flavored anything.
I have had 2 measuring cups from the daiso, had to replace. And they have broken, cracked actually. So, this time around, I bought a heavier duty type from Kmart. Shampoo, hair dye, tampons, yeast infection meds, granted haven't had one in years. But they're painful if you do get one, so it's better for me to hide it away and someday if it happens, at least I'm covered. And the generic brands and 7 day treatments are like $6 -7 bucks. Granted not as fancy as the 3 day name brand ones but the name brand ones are like $20-25 US. Thanks but no thanks on that price. yes, I am thrifty, I know. And that's okay. ; ) On top of the bag is toilet bowl deodorizer, and I bought 4 of those. They're like a dollar or two. Citrus Dove deodorant, love this. Hand soap for the kitchen, glue for shogako for B. A small bottle of 50 Advil. But should last us a year or two, since we don't use it that often.
I bought cookie cutters. The Valentine Heart one Wilton brand at Kmart. And the 2 Easter cookie cutters (bunny and butterfly) from Payless grocery store. Valentines cupcake holders and Easter cupcake holders at Payless. These are awesome. Some of the Easter candy and the egg coloring kit went to my fellow American friend here in Japan for her beautiful little girl for Easter. And another bit of the candy went to a yochien mama friend of mine.
Like I mentioned, I love cinnamon anything. And this has always been my favorite flavor toothpaste. Close-up brand is on this blog quite a bit. Anyway, could not believe my luck that they were buy one get one free. A great deal had on my favorite toothpaste. And some syrup for when I make french toast and whatnot.
Magazines. I love reading gossip mags. Thsi time around...How Kelly Osbourne got slim. She lost 42lbs and looks great btw. And another topic. "Is fame hurting Susan Boyle?" Her brother had some not so glowing things to say. Don't think she would really appreciate what he said about her. Anyway, I like her and found the article interesting at least. And some Easter cupcake toppers. So pretty. And that's it. I didn't come back, packed to the gills. I just got what was on my list. I spent $60 at Kmart and $100 at Payless for groceries. And I didn't just get things for myself. I brought back goodies for 2 friends (my American one and my yochien mama friend). And I'm glad I can do that. That way, we were not only able to get a few things for ourselves but for others too. And that's always a good feeling and a well worth it trip. : )