
Last Friday was the day I met Noriko-san and Jogo-san at the movies. The movie started at 10am. And so, right after we each dropped off our kids at the yochien we each drove and parked and met each other at the movie theater. My car passed Jogo-san's car around 9:10-ish in the AM. I was on my way to drop off Noah and she obviously had already dropped off her daughter and was on her way to the movies. So, I dropped Noah off. And went on my way to the movies. I saw her car in the parking lot already and parked and went in. She was looking at the movie posters on the walls inside. New release movies and the soon to be released movies. We saw the great big movie poster for Alice in Wonderland. My dad saw it in Guam last Saturday (2 days after he left Japan) my dad said it was so good and in 3-D. But for us in Japan it comes out sometime in April. I forget the exact date. When Noriko-san arrived we bought our tickets and picked our seats and then went and got our snacks. We each got our own popcorn. And I had a soda, which I don't drink all too often (once a week) but I do at the movies. And they each got some delicious smelling coffee. I wondered if they were caramel machiattos, because I definitely smelled something sweet perhaps caramel in their drinks in the theater. We sat down. Saw the previews to the Sex and the City 2 coming out sometime soon. Jay Z's, featuring Alicia Key's "Empire State of Mind" played during the Sex and the City preview and I was definitely swaying my head to that! Can't wait to see that! Sherlock Holmes was good. I'm glad I saw it and I can tell there will totally be a part 2. We actually all said that, after the movie ended. After the movie, we all went to Mister Donut. We had donuts and talked. And laughed and talked some more. The picture on the wall of the guy who started Mister donut hung on the wall. And we got to talking. Who is that. What's his name. And I finally just said....Maybe that's just Mister Donut. Okay maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty funny. We all laughed. We talked about what we've been watching on TV. What movies did we like with Robert Downy Jr. I said, Less then Zero, Chances Are, The Pick Up Artist. Jogo-san liked a lot of his movies and knew lots of the movies he's been in. Talked about Adam Lambert a bit. Was he in Japan last week? We were wondering that. Talked about Easter a bit. Lent and coloring eggs. Plans for Spring break. And then it was time to go. With big chocolate heart box in my car, I was on my way to the yochien. Noah gave it to Chi-chan and we went to go and pick up B directly at the elementary. We went home. And started the weekend. How was last week? It was fantastic. My dad was here, so that was nice. The kids schedules are winding down and that's nice too. The Olympic ceremony was fun. Last week rocked.

On Noah's last day of school, he got this gift from a friend/classmate. He's a very popular boy at school and has lots of friends.

Very thoughtful. I know who gave it, so I will have to do something nice in return for sure.

My birthday gift from Noboru. You know, the movies I wanted were just 1 for my birthday. I only really badly wanted Twilight New Moon. And the 2 books. However, hubby told me, since it's an order from Amazon.com and not Japan. Just get $100 worth of stuff versus just 1 thing. That way to him it justifies the shipping. I could not think of anything else I really needed. So, I ended up choosing things for the rest of my family versus getting something I really didn't need for myself. And no, I'm not a martyr or anything, I assure you. ; ) It's just to me, birthdays are about my family versus stuff. So, anyway....I chose "Where the Wild Things Are and Ponyo in English" For Branden and Noah. We have Ponyo in Japanese with English subtitles but wanted this version as well. I saw my husband last month try to rent Vacation with Chevy Chase at Tsutaya discas, but they only had the Vegas Vacation not any others. And my husband LOVES those movies. And so do I, but he does love those so I chose the 2 pack of vacation movies secretly for my husband (he thinks I got them for myself ; ). :P And Branden enjoys reading so much, and I ordered him the book...."The Day My Butt went Psycho". Branden loves to read, he reads everything and anything now days. And I chose for myself, High On Arrival. By Mackenzie Phillips. If you remember I bought that book last year by Valerie Bertinelli. She was also on "One day at a Time" anyway so was Mackenzie Phillips. And honestly I watched that show when I was little sometimes, but was way younger then those characters. I was more into The Fact of Life show and Different Strokes ("what you talking about Willis!!!", lol just kidding). But anyway, I caught Mackenzie Phillips on Oprah last year and it talked about this book. And it seemed really sad and I thought to myself, I should read that book. I'm on page 100 right now, I read some of it before bed each night. And all I can say is wow. At times when I read it, I think, she was too wild, way way too wild not only can I even barely imagine half the things I'm reading, but I can't even remotely relate to these stories. And then sometimes as I flip the pages, I think to myself, what a strong person to endure all that she went through. I am not sure how I will feel when the book ends. But for right now. I feel nobody really protected her like a parent should have. She was allowed to live a much too wild life. Her dad was in the Mamas in the Papa's. Before reading this book, I just knew of her that she used to be in One day at a Time. Not really knowing what she does now. The Mama's and the Papa's may be way before my time though, but I am not totally in the dark, I do know who they are. I had heard she was on drugs and busted a few times but didn't really know anything about her. But like I said, the first 100 pages. She's a very intelligent person. A deeply thinking person. A truly feeling person. Some absolute horrific things have happened to her and I am just in awe of her. I can't relate to her experiences or her. But it doesn't mean I can't feel respect for her because I think she's an incredible human being. I really do. I am really glad I ordered this book and look forward to finsihing it. Branden meanwhile is on the 2nd chapter of the "psycho butt book" ; ) I'm glad I could order something for us all for my birthday. ; )

I also ordered my 2nd book by Suzanne Kamata (amazon shipped this seperately, it got here first). I read this in an afternoon, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. So much so, I could not put it down. I kept saying, just one more story and then I'd read that story and then said, one more story and then by the time I knew what hit me, I read the whole book. I could relate to so many of these stories. I completely enjoyed her book.

Last Saturday we had baked pepperoni sandwiches with melted cheese on top, some lettuce and some fries. It was an easy but delicious dinner last Saturday night. : )

Last Sunday we had curry and rice and drank some lemonade with ice.
TV Talk, Glee's getting funny! Still watching the Foodies channel and the 2 cooking shows in the evenings. "How I Met You're Mother" is probably becoming one of my favorite shows. Have been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer repeats. Those are always good. American Idol is getting good and I really like Ellen as a judge. She has such a quick wit and she's so funny.
In the news.....Cory Haim passed away. Sad very sad, I remember him in "License To Drive" and the "Lost Boys". And the guy who was on Growing Pains who was Kirk Cameron's best friend named "Boner" committed suicide. Sad as well. I tell ya, I watch the news everyday, the CBS news with Katie Couric and also CNN. And I am always surprised at some of the news, I see. Kate Gosselin's going to be on Dancing with the Stars. I'll be interested to see this. Glad she's got a new hairdo. That reverse mullet was driving me a bit crazy on her. And I like her, I totally do. Granted she was a bit bossy and verbally abusive to Jon in the marriage I felt. I have never spoken to my husband the way she did hers. However to be fair, she also carried most of the parenting on her shoulders and so I can see why she felt snappy at times. Jon to me seemed mentally checked out on the last season. Like..."pick any bunk bed you want Kate, I don't care." I could see that towards the end. So, yeah I could feel her frustration and perhaps if I had 8 to deal with I would be just as frustrated as her. But the cheating he did and how he's conducted himself since. All those Ed Hardy tee's he's been sporting and the earring.... with bikini clad girls in Vegas. The condo in NY with it being only a 2 or 1 bedroom. My first thought was how can he fit his kids in there. Obviously it's his bachelor pad. hence not kid friendly. Anyway before I get way off topic. They seemed like a loving couple to me in the first couple seasons and gradually the fighting got worse and worse and it just got really ugly. I wish they could have got back to together. Those kids all of them are so adorable and cute. Watching them through all those seasons I almost felt like I knew those kids. Like when...Alexis used to call her toy alligator, her "elder gator" Ha ha ha. Seeing their marriage dissolve through the seasons was so incredibly sad to watch. I still find myself throwing in season 1 on DVD since we have the first 3 seasons on DVD. And smiling at the family they used to be. Anyway, let's just say. I will be tuning in for sure to see Kate Gosselin on Dancing with the stars. ; ) Oh and I read yesterday Jon is now living in Utah at his newest girlfriend's parents' house. Goodness me. Also, did he gain about an extra 10-15 pounds since he split with Kate? He looks heavier to me now, then when he was with Kate. And no, I am not on either side. I think they were both equally responsible for the marriage ending the way it did. I do wish they could have saved it. It's just the way he's behaved since their split has been pretty bad. That makes me scratch my head. And the way Kate's acted since the split hasn't been nearly as bad, I know the ladies on the View like her and I've definitely felt myself warming up to her again myself. Anyway yeah I'll definitely be tuning in for DWTS. Okay, switching subjects now for sure. : )
Travel plans for this year: We're going to Honolulu this year for sure. And also a high chance we're also going to be going back to Denver this year as well for a visit. The thing for us now is when. Maybe June, July, August. We really aren't sure. But destinations are chosen. But dates are not. Hawaii will come first. Denver could even be saved around November and maybe do some Black Friday shopping who knows. But talks and checking of the calendar have definitely been happening. A pop over to Guam could happen anytime. But so far I've been just happily chilling out here at home. This is going to be an amazing year for us, I can tell. The kids are both doing great in school. We're all healthy and happy. It's a peaceful life. Definitely no complaints. : )
Have a great day everyone.