
My gorgeous little boy, we are so proud of you! Last week, your first week of Spring break and dad and I both tried to keep you active. Daddy, was set to take you for a bike ride throughout the neighborhood, just like he does with both of you kids. And he noticed something. You were not using your training wheels. He came into the house and asked me to come outside. He said, Noah's training wheels are not moving and that means he's not using them at all. He took you around the block to make sure and sure enough you were riding on just the 2 wheels and not using the training wheels as a safety net at all. So, he said, I'm going to take his training wheels off. I was scared, typical mom worries about her kids type fears. But after seeing what Noboru was talking about, I could see he was right. So, he went to the shed and got the proper tools and took them off . Those training wheels just lay on the concrete and you got on your bike (which used to belong to your older brother) and off you went. I remembered Branden fell a few times when he had his taken off, so I was somewhat bracing for it. Dreading your fall Noah, but you never did. As odd as it sounds, it's honestly true. You did not fall once. You went back and forth up our quiet country road. And we watched you go back and forth, back and forth. Branden was at Kumon at the time, so this had to have happened last Thursday. I will date it and everything for you. But that's your story of the day your training wheels came off. It is still March and you are technically still a red badge. April 7th is when the new semester begins and so April 7th is the day you will become a pink badge and not a day before. We can't believe it, a red badge and your training wheels came off. Ayumi-chan's mom came out of her house (across the street neighbor) and marvelled and said, she could not believe you were riding a bike without training wheels, she said, you're too young. But she ohh'ed and ahh'ed you, as did we.

And there you went. Zipping back and forth.

You're so amazing!

And with a great big grin and still riding!

And coming back. You rode back and forth for a good hour. And you've been riding just about everyday ever since.

Noboru still wearing gloves from when he took off the training wheels. We could not be prouder. I tell ya kiddo, you're one amazing little boy, age 4 and your training wheels are off already, way to go sweetheart! We are so very very proud of you and your milestone/accomplishment!!! : )
