
Monday's are usually my least favorite day of the week. But this Monday wasn't so bad. Painless actually. ; ) If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that if, it's February and rice and some veggie is being sent to my child's yochien then that means they're getting ready for the "good-bye to the blue badges" curry lunch. Last week we were sent a note home and all this week, anyday this week rather. To send your child with 1 cup of rice and depending on which class determines which veggie. Noah's a red badge so onion it was. I sent Noah off to school Monday with obento and then also the rice in a ziploc first and onion (wrapped the rice and onion in a grocery bag) made sure to put his name on it, just in case. Wouldn't want anyone to think he didn't bring his. And that was that. ; ) When is the good-bye curry lunch? February 23rd.

Branden brought home another Valentine's gift on Monday. A day late but thoughtful nonetheless.

These were chocolate with caramel inside.

Because the new school year starts in April. The 2nd graders are getting ready to become 3rd graders. The class last month were given an envelop for 2,000 yen or something like that to purchase our kids a "recorder" instrument. And now they were given this. Apparently all 3rd graders need a shuji set. Which is basically a Japanese calligraphy set. The set had to come from this school approved paper/flier the school sent home. So we chose from there. We ordered him the black set with the yellow writing "Mizuno", since that's the one Branden wanted. Sent the money back in the envelop and Branden took that to school with him today. 3500 yen or something like that.

The ink and whatnot to choose from the back. Anyway glad we got that all ordered and done with. ; )

Noah went to swim school on Monday after yochien and he was tested and passed. He is now a red tulip! Congratulations baby, well done!

For dinner Monday night, we had gratin. It was really good. We had some crusty French bread with butter to go with. The weather meanwhile was rain, rain and more rain all Monday. Did I mention how *over* this cold weather we are? lol. : ) Branden meanwhile did Kumon Monday evening. He passed to another Japanese level back in December and I should have taken a pic of his progress but we were so busy in December, that I got side tracked. But he's doing really great and his English reading and writing are doing fantastic as well.

After dinner and showers and baths. And homework. The boys played beyblades upstairs and I watched one of my favorite shows on the Foodies channel. Everyday food. It's a cooking show that's put on or sponsored by Martha Stewart because I see her name in the credits at the end of every show (doesn't say produced by or anything but she is somehow connected to this program) and it's a good show. About 4 or 5 different people (the same people) cook every night. Simple everyday food, hence the title Everyday Food. Simple easy cooking is right up my alley so I watch.

One of the ladies cooking away. Meanwhile I sat on the couch in night gown and snuggling in my thick fuzzy blanket. Enjoying the end of my day.

And then another lady came out and cooked. Then another and then the guy came out and made a coconut tart. Which now has me wishing I could eat a coconut cream pie or something along those lines. ; ) Then at 8pm Spaceballs started. The kids watched 30 minutes of it before having to go to sleep at their 8:30pm bed time. All in all it was a pretty fantastic Monday. And what's today's plan? Well, I cleaned for an hour already. So the house is good. I plan to go into Noah's closet and clean out his closet for about 45 minutes in a bit. And other then that. I plan to just relax and watch TV. Maybe do a little treadmill. Or place one last order at the Gap before that sale goes off Feb 18th. Either way I'll be enjoying my day. What's for dinner tonight? Gyoza and rice. Bought 6 dozen frozen gyoza from our favorite Chinese restaurant the other day (sorry said 3 dozen this morning, but bought 2 bags and each bag has 36 in each so that's 6 dozen total clearly didn't have enough coffee this morning to wake up the ol' thinking cap ; ) my bad). And so we'll have that tonight. Just a really simple dinner for us tonight. Anyway the couch is calling my name so I better post this. Have a great day everyone and stay warm! : )
