
American Idol started for us in Japan last weekend. A bit behind the US, I know, but better late then never. Love this show and it didn't disappoint. Posh/Victoria Beckham was a guest judge and she was absolutely lovely. She's really a kind person and I really enjoyed her as a guest judge.

This guy trying to ham it up a bit!

Simon.

Victoria Beckham.

Last Friday, Branden brought home this stuff for me to use Monday morning. I did this last year too so I am assuming this is going to be a once a year thing at our school? I did this last year and was supposed to do this for his 2nd grade year as well. Perhaps there's not a lot of people at this school and that's why we have to do it more often, I don't know. I was a bit caught off guard, sure last year, I recall hearing I would have to do this Feb 2010 sometime but that was a whole year away andI didn't write it down. A whole year later and it was for this past Monday. From 7am to 7:30 am Monday morning. Doesn't matter, if I had obento to make and another younger child to get sent off to yochien and the mother's luncheon to get ready for (same day) isn't that always how it goes though?! ; ) So I did it all this past Monday morning. Busy as all heck, but I did it. Monday morning, got B sent to school, went and stood along the road down the hill someplace and wore my bright yellow sash and greeted all the kids "good morning" in Japanese. Waves the yellow flag. The weather was indeed freezing. Keita-kun's mom and I stood there chatting for 30 minutes in between our greetings to the kids. And at 7:30am, I was gone lickety split. Ran home. Noboru had made Noah his breakfast already, my awesome hubby. I quickly made his obento, ran him upstairs and got him dressed and since I had no chance to get ready yet since I was standing out along the street greeting kids all morning. Noboru drove Noah to yochien, meanwhile I had a chance to have a cup of hot coffee, and do my hair, put my makeup on. Get dressed. I wore a black shift dress and a bright pink cardigan and black tights and black ballet flats. And before I knew it, I was leaving to the mother's luncheon. The restaurant was Japanese and it was really pretty and somewhat fancy. Definitely a nice place to have lunch. There were 21 mother's total, I think. And the whole, "each person having to get up and say something part" that I was worried about. Didn't happen. Well it almost happened. And then it didn't. See it started at the opposite table I was in. I was sorta just wanting to get it over with otherwise the build up to it would be almost unbearable. So anyway it started on the table opposite of me. The first lady stood up introduced herself. As expected I could hear my own heart beat in my own ears. Boomboom, boomboom boomboom. And then as luck would have it. One mother was MIA. Yup she was missing. An empty plate.... a message found from the missing mother to someones cell. Had actually stopped the "mother's intro" Oh dear god, thank you thank you I thought. I thought maybe it was karma or what have you. And didn't wanna question it. We ate comfortably and everyone chatted. These mother's are very kind, very very kind. And I'm really lucky I have them as friends. When the dessert finally came round, I wondered if the mother's introduction would start up again but it oddly didn't. For whatever reason I totally lucked out. So the mother's luncheon was just a nice way to meet the entire red badge class and sit and eat with them. Monday all in all was a good one. I was a bit busy in the morning with the whole standing along the road and greeting kids in the AM, But that actually was sorta cool. I was a bit busy getting Noah ready for yochien but Noboru totally jumped in and lent a hand. I was a bit worried about the mother's intro but that didn't happen. It was a busy Monday, but a very cool Monday at that. I also got to watch some of the first quarter of the Superbowl too before I left to the mother's luncheon. Noboru watched the entire Superbowl, lucky! ; )

Getting to enjoy the first quarter of the Super bowl Monday morning. Superbowl Sunday was actually early Monday morning for us in Japan.

The small order for Branden arrived from Gap/Old Navy.

Two pairs of shorts for Branden.

We are huge Denver Bronco fans at our house. I grew up watching football. Noboru has been a fan since he was an exchange student in Denver at age 16. Our kids love watching football games. When I saw Old Navy sells football stuff, I bought the boys the Broncos long sleeve tops.

Two shirts for B. Just like I said, we buy a little here and a little there and by the time Summer or late Spring rolls around we're ready. ; )

Have been waiting with anticipation for the Hills season 5 to start in Japan. And it did and I've been happy as a clam since American Idol and the Hills new seasons started.

I like Lauren on the show and to watch their friendship somewhat end was pretty sad.

What else did we do this week? We made some truly wicked tostadas. They were so seriously yumm! Bean and beef.

On Wednesday, the kids had a mock or pretend shopping day. All the "pretend things" were made by the students or the teachers. Hamburg set.
Tendon and norimaki

So creative!

You know it's funny, but I recall when B went here and had the same "pretend" shopping day too.

So many cool things. Meanwhile Noah putting his things away in his little area.

Radios.

Cakes.

The big ticket items ; ) ; )

Man I love their uniforms for this yochien. So cute.

Noah and his best pal Chi-chan. They were playing kori-oni.

Hi kiddo!

Each child got pretend money and got to purchase whatever they wanted. Here's Noah's wallet with his name on it and the things he purchased. A guitar, the hamburg set, ramen and a few other things.

These are the boys portions for dinner one night this week. Branden's the big yellow and white plate now, yup his portions have increased big time. He's a growing boy. And Noah's portions are still good for his size. The salads they had with goma dressing, chicken cutlet, rice, veggie.

My portions, and boy was I starving this night. Hubby had tonkatsu. We all enjoyed dinner that night.

How have we been keeping busy? This past weekend, our family played the board game Sorry! And that was some family fun! And we've also been playing the car racing game as a family. We all take turns between us 4. It's fun and we all have a ball trying to race each other on the game. Hope everyone had a great weekend! : )
