Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Branden's observation day! : )

The DVD's we ordered from Amazon.com got here yesterday. Last night the boys and I watched Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs, while hubby was at work still. It was so funny! ; ) The hubby and I plan to watch the scary one this coming weekend after the kids go to sleep. And I'm thinking the hubby should definitely check out the kids one as well because it's funny. ; )
This morning was indeed a bit busy, but I made the decision to not attend the PTA meeting at Noah's yochien. Because honestly time just didn't allow for me to be there, especially with Branden having observation day on the same day. That's just how it happened and sometimes they have things on different days and that works best for me, but since they fell on the same day, plus with the whole chicken pick up that had to be today. It just worked out best for me. As it was... I was really pinched for time already. Anyway, I went directly to the meat aisle, usually I start at the veggie and fruit section but today since I had to pick up the whole chicken, I went and got that outta the way first. I walked up to the meat person and gave her my name and told her about the whole chicken, she knew right away and went in the back to get it. I'm going to do this about once every 2 weeks to once every month from now on, now that I know I can do this. This has certainly made my life a whole lot easier. Anyway did my weekly shopping, but knew I had to exit the store by 10:45 am because I couldn't be late to Branden's observation day (I had to get to his school by 11:30 and with drive time etc). And given the store just barely opened at 10am, and I was there when it opened I had 45 minutes or less to go down all the aisles as quickly as possible, check things off my weekly grocery list. Went and checked out, bagged my groceries and was outta there right on schedule. I never ever shop as fast as I shopped today. LOL!
Note these freakishly big strawberries I picked up at the store today. Noah will love getting one in his obento. And Branden will love munching the rest after dinner tonight. Both of the boys will actually. (we just finished dinner and had some just now so an update, lol) I heard enormous strawberries tend to not be as sweet as the smaller ones, but these ones were actually pretty sweet, go figure. : )
I keep this old towel in my car so I can lay my groceries on, sorta just keeps my car clean. So, put the groceries in my car this morning and quickly went home, threw the meats in the fridge and freezer, the milk and drinks in the fridge. The rest I left in bags to sort later, I had to get myself to the elementary school pronto!
I walked into the class, the class I was going to watch just started and I actually made it! Phew! I was so proud of myself, I had a little...."I rock" type moment! Saya-chan's mom and Nozomi-chan's mom were in the class already, Saya-chan's mom thanked me for sending Saya-chan home with 6 cupcakes last week. I told her, oh no problem, no worries, glad you all liked them. And then we all watched class. It was art class, so I observed art class, lol. : P I stayed for the whole class. I left when the class was finished and when they started cleaning up the art stuff and started getting ready for lunch. Drove home happy, I accomplished my weekly shopping and the observation class for Branden, Noah's is next week, I can't wait to see Noah's observation day next week. ; ) We had a roasted chicken tonight, it came out so yumm. I mixed some room temperature butter and parsley and a bit of salt and black pepper mixture under the skin and rubbed it on top of the skin as well and let it cook in the oven. It came out so good.
It was a fairly large size for a chicken, we'll definitely be ordering these from now on. ; )
This is what we had for dinner tonight. Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, some green beans and some crescent rolls. A very good dinner tonight. : ) I've got the dishes washing in the dishwasher as I type and Noboru and Branden and Noah came out from taking a shower about 40 minutes ago and now the boys are watching Disney channel right now wearing their jammies . : ) As soon as I publish this, I'm going to take myself a nice hot shower then take a long hot soak in the tub tonight and a face mask/pack since I have that lunch tomorrow with my friends. I heard this restaurant we're going to tomorrow has excellent pizza with a wood fired oven, so I'll be ordering the pizza tomorrow for lunch for sure. ; ) Have a great night everyone! Oyasumi and good night! : )