
Ahhh, sorry I didn't have time to post about the Summer festival before we left to Hawaii, but better late then never, right? Ha ha ha. : ) : ) These are what both Branden and Noah looked like for the festival. I really love both of their jinbei's a lot, cute! : )

I was busy working the festival for half of it, so Noboru took the picture up above and this pic and the few down below. I think he did an okay job with taking the pictures. : ) The parents of the little girl closest to B asked to take a pic with both the boys. Their dad was taking pictures of the 4 of them together. So that's why Noboru also took this picture as well. : ) The little girl is the little sister of Branden's friend. Both B and her brother are the same age and are good buddies and went to yochien together and swim together as well. Their mom and dad are both REALLY nice people. Good people. So, anyway those 2 were really pretty girls, ne. Can't believe they're blue badges already.

The kids were in the "game" room and getting to pick out their bag to hold their treats in. The lady helping Noah with the really pretty long black hair is my good friend Mayuko-san. : )

The boy's got a lot of help from my friends and also Noboru was right there too taking pics and helping. I was meanwhile on the other side of the room, working the ball throwing game with Jogo-san and Rieko-san. Passing out prizes to all the kids and Jogo-san and I were to cheer the kids on as well and pass out the prizes. If the kids got 2 balls in the box, they got a certain prize and if they only got 1 ball they got a different prize and if they got no balls at all, they still got a prize. Which was pretty nice. But we had to watch and keep track in our heads and then pass out the prizes accordingly. How did I like it? I honestly LOVED it. It didn't even seem like work at all. I saw so many kids. Kids that have long passed graduated this yochien but that I knew from when B used to go there. It was really cool actually. And of course all the new kids, Noah's classmates, I knew too. When our hour and a half was up. We didn't even know it. We were so busy clapping and saying...."Gambatte, come on you can do it! Just one more ball" And then ahhh, better luck next time" (In Japanese of course) and then passing out a treat. And if they got all balls we'd hoot and holler and clap. We laughed so many times during this game it was funny. How did we know our time was up? The next group, our replacement ladies came in with their aprons and we looked at each other and said...."is it time already?" Ha ha ha. And don't get me wrong we both were happy to be able to spend the remainder of the festival with our own families, so we were happy..... it's just time went by so fast. It was fun though. : )

I was glad to see Noah did the fishing game outside. This happened while I was inside working. Noboru took this. : ) That's one of the sensei's helping with this game. : )

And happy that Branden tried this game as well. : ) Look at that big bag of stuff Branden had won during the festival. Both the kids had a lot of fun. : )

This was the activity room. This was what the other group did. It was really fun. The kids all got to create with either stickers, markers or crayons their own little charm or tag. They were also heated up and covered in plastic. Branden made one with his name and a bunch of Pokemon stickers. Noah stuck stickers on at random, but he likes it. And then they were laminated. I thought that was pretty cool of the other group to come up with that. All the kids enjoyed it a lot. I enjoyed watching the kids create their own little laminated charms.

I was so very thankful that I worked the first half, because I got to enjoy watching the kids dance for the second half. All those colorful yukatas and jinbeis. One reason I love the Natsumatsuri so much. To view all the cool and colorful outfits. : )

After the kids were in their nice little neat rows by badge/class. They started forming a circle. The sensei held Noah's hand and started stretching out the red badge class to help form that circle, meanwhile the pink badges were also forming the same circle and same with the blue badges.

When I snapped this picture of Noah, I didn't really realize at the time. But when I got home and went through the pictures, I realized the little girl in that gorgeous red yukata happened to be Noriko-san's daughter. I really like this picture because it has both of our younger kids in this picture. And she's a very good friend of mine so it made me happy. And that yukata she wore was stunning, a very beautiful color, she looked absolutely beautiful. : )

And now the kids are starting to dance. You can see all the kids including Noah has their one hand up and bent. : )

Jazz hands, no I'm just kidding! Ha ha ha. : )

And in this pic, I see Itsuki-chan wearing that beautiful blue hibiscus yukata. Ahh, I really do enjoy Summer festival to get to see all the Summer outfits. *happy sigh* : )

And of course we had to get a pic of these two good buddies. Noah and Chi-chan!!!

Some of the stuff the boys brought back. Not counting the laminated tags and other things. But the 2 bags with treats and the armor (made of cardboard, shhh : ) And the sword made of newspaper and part of a pet bottle, tin foil and tape (shhhhh, ha ha ha : ) But the kids loved them. : )

We watched our last 2 DVD rentals for July before heading off to Hawaii as well. Ponyo and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The kids LOVED LOVED LOVED Ponyo. So much so, we will go and buy the DVD probably. And I really liked Benjamin Button, so much so that I caught myself thinking about that movie the next day.
