Friday, April 24, 2009

Crawdad catching and lunch with friend's!!! : )


On Monday, since Branden didn't have school, since he went on Saturday. Noboru and I took Branden crawdad catching, as soon as we dropped Noah off at yochien. We went home. Parked the car at home. We 3 got our rain boots on, grabbed our nets and bucket and started walking down our street. Three houses to the left and down the hill behind the houses we went. There were bunches of trees like in this picture.
See Noboru how he was walking down a granny or rice farmers walk path. We took that route.
You can see the purple flowers up ahead of Branden is this pic.
What's in here? Rice, the rice that they are all currently trying to get planted, lots are already planted but still more have to be planted.
I like the character of these old Japanese houses, granted I wouldn't want to live in one, but I do appreciate looking at them a lot. : )
Plant tillers, and lots of these vehicles are made for planting rice, so rice machines. So many of these around here. It's very common to see blobs of dirt or chunks of mud on the road and think..."ugh the rice mobile must have been around here this morning" Ha ha ha. They're all over around here, on all the roads around here. : ) : )
Noboru laying the net down. We caught none by this net this time. However they caught a ton with this net the week before, go figure.
Noboru teaching B how to catch them. Crawdad's are very skittish. Even a shadow scares them and they run away. You have to be really sneaky to catch them. : ) We were talking and we saw some hiding, yup our voices scared them so we had to speak softly. Some saw our shadows and they hid. But by the time we left though Branden had caught on really good, how to catch them.
My rainboots, lol. Country gal wear, I guess! Ha ha ha. : )
Staying way way back and sure enough he caught one.
Trying real hard to sit and not let any crawdad's know we were there until it was too late and they were sitting in his net!!! :P
Branden caught quite a bunch. Here he was passing one into Noboru's net because this side had the bucket. Ha ha ha.
And sure enough here, he just caught yet another one! : )
This was a pic midway through. We caught about twice as much as this. However I should say, I only caught 2!!! :(
Monday, since like I said, B had the day off school. Branden and I went to go and pick up Noah from yochien in the afternoon. When the encho sensei/principal and the secretary saw B, they came outside. And talked with him. Told him how much he has grown, asked him how he likes shogako/elementary school. It made Branden happy getting to talk with them again. Meanwhile we picked up Noah and were on our way home but we stopped off at Mc Donald's first though. Both the boy's picked a cheeseburger Happy Meal.
And I went for a Cinnamon Melt. Oh goodness it's so good.
With both boy's home, I started supper on Monday. I made, pork chops, cheesy rice (rice a roni) and steamed veggie. Simple meal. No bells and whistles going off for that. Ha ha! :P But it was good.
Everyone had 2 pork chops each. 1 was saved for Noah's lunch for Tuesday. So, this was Noah's obento for Tuesday. Same stuff exactly as the night before. Fried pork chop, I split it in half so it would be easier to eat. Cheesy rice and veggie and some yellow cling peaches. Very simple. I just nuked everything in the morning and I had lunch made in no time. : )
Funny this pic, you can actually see the steam from the curry. It was that hot. Ha ha ha. Tuesday night, I made a nice pot of curry. It was a nice simple basic dinner for us Tuesday night. Wednesday was a half day for Noah so no obento was had Wednesday. :D Anyways, nothing too earth shattering or whatever, but that's just a few bits of what our family in our little neck of the woods has been doing this week. :P

In other random bits. This Thursday, I went to Noriko's house. It was Noriko and Jogo-san and I. Do you remember at Noah's entrance ceremony day. Some nice lady spoke to me in English briefly? She asked, which class? And I said, yuri and she said, "me too!" Well, it turns out she's an English teacher at an English conversation school. Her daughter is a red badge, same as Noah. Anyway we met at Noriko's house Thursday morning at 10:30am. We three talked and chatted from 10:30 am until 1;30am and we had to leave and go to the yochien to pick up our kids. We three also made plans to go and have Indian food this coming Monday! I have not been to this place yet, both of them have, not together but they each have been. They both liked it. So, we're going to Indian restaurant this coming Monday. And I think maybe a few other yochien mom's will join us too, which should be fun. : )

Tuesday, this coming Tuesday is Branden's field trip. So, I will be making him an obento for that. Parents do not come for that but I will be going to Noah's for yochien next month. Also this coming Tuesday, I have my first red badge mommy's luncheon. Out of 24 mom's. 22 mom's are going, it should be a lot fun, I can't wait. This is going to be an awesome year at the yochien. : )
Friday we went to Disney Sea, it was fun, I'm working on that post next. Hopefully I can get it up soon. : ) But I'm slow with my posting, and also enjoy my weekends being sorta lazy, so we'll see, how soon I can get it posted.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!! : )