Saturday, April 11, 2009

And a hippity hoppity Easter's on it's way!!! Our Easter egg coloring and Egg-citing egg hunt we had today! : )

Today, my friend and her two daughters came over to color some eggs and have a small egg hunt in our backyard. I was really looking forward to it today! : ) I snapped this pic, right before they came. I had baked the cookies around 11am this morning. Boiled the eggs around noon, cooled them off and they were sitting in the basket all ready to be turned into mini masterpieces by the kids today! I also made up an Easter basket for both of the girls to share and keep and take home!
This is the basket I had made up for the girls. It had an Easter jump rope and Easter jacks, some carrot shaped chocolates, and the 2 solid chocolate bunnies, that have rice crispy type stuff mixed in with them, so those are good solid choco bunnies. :P
Kits kats, jelly beans, Snickers, Reese's pieces, you name it, they got it! And they loved it and I loved giving it to them! They're wonderful sweet girls.
Cookies all decorated and just waited for the time to strike 1pm. Ohhh how EGG-citing, couldn't wait for them to get here today!!!! Ha ha ha. : )
I even had a basket of Easter treats for the kids to munch today.
After the eggs were colored and dried the 4 kids decorated them. Noriko and I also joined them and decorated too! : )
And then we went and hid them! Noriko and I hid them while the kids stood on the front porch for 5 minutes. We hid them so good! (insert faux evil laugh here) bwahahaha! bwahahaha! :P LOL! We hid the eggs for the kids outside twice. In this picture Noah just found one behind the big yellow slide and was bending down to get it.
Go kids go!!!
Here's a pic of the ones the boy's found! I had boiled 20 eggs. And the kids colored and decorated 20 eggs and so we knew the number. And would count and say...2 are missing go find those 2 missing eggs kids! And they'd be on the look out. It was cool!
Noriko brought over a whole box of chou cream. Oh lord they were so delicious!
After the coloring and the egg hunt, we brought all the snacky things outside and we just enjoyed ourselves under the nice warm sun. It was a perfect day for an egg hunt! The weather was nice, hardly any wind at all. Noriko and I sat on the terrace and under the umbrella... eating, talking, munching and chatting. Ha ha ha. Our 4 kids total played back there, they get along so well together. Noriko's youngest daughter, Minori-chan, she's a blue badge this year at our yochien. And this week, Noriko was saying she will be the otoban for the red badges. And we know Noah is a red badge. So, we're lucky to be close. Her older daughter Mizuki's is so talented, she draws like a pro. It's boggles my mind. She sketched the picture of the Easter napkin's, the picture of the jelly beans. She drew it all free hand and it looked exactly the same, I sat there in amazement. Wow! Unbelievable. I honestly was impressed. So yeah, where was I? :P We just enjoyed ourselves. Where was my hubby? He went fishing, fishing for black bass! He called me during my chit chat with friend, and said he caught a whole bunch of them, but too small though :( and he just catches and releases anyway so, lol.
What's the plan for tonight??? We're just about to watch "It's the Easter Beagle Charlie Brown" And after that we'll be watching the Dora Easter DVD. Hubby just called me again and he is bringing back KFC for supper! Yup, I'm taking the night off of cooking dinner.:P Fried chicken meal for us tonight. Then bath for the boys with hubby. Shower and bath by myself. And bed for the kiddos. And Hubs and I will be watching American Idol and getting their Easter baskets all sorted and together! :P Happy Easter everyone!!!!
Tomorrow/Easter, we will dye eggs as a family and hide them. They'll get to play with their Easter loot! And we'll have a quiet little supper here at home, I'll blog about it either tomorrow night or Monday morning. Happy Easter for those of you who celebrate it!!! And have a wonderful weekend!!! : )