Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Baking homemade pies today with my husband! Christmas is almost here, yay!!! : )


Today after, we took Branden to the swimming compressed course thing, this morning. We came home, had breakfast. Boy's played in the backyard, all bundled up! And the hubby and I got started in on the pies! Today, we baked the pies together. A true family joint effort here! Ha ha ha.: ) So with Christmas tunes playing, hubby made all the crusts, from scratch with the usual recipe for crusts we use. He did really well! We had a really good time baking together! He told me a few whoppers of a few work stories and I told him a few things, about a few things, ha ha ha! Please don't throw a tomato at me for saying it. But honestly he's my best friend. And I got a lot of friends, so that's saying a lot. He really is a good man, good dad and a wonderful husband! And best friend! : )

Apples ready and now ready for the top layer of crust to lay on top. Before being whacked in the oven. : ) Meanwhile pumpkin pie about to be poured as well.

With a little crust and a few apples left over, I made 4 apple turnovers. Boy were they delicious, that is what was cooling off on the stove in this pic! We each had one for a snack this afternoon! Ha ha ha. : ) Meanwhile the pies both baked in the oven at the same time! Good to get them both knocked out of the way like that! Now the desserts are ready for tomorrow's Christmas dinner! It's a head start at least! : )
Two lovely homemade, pies for tomorrow's Christmas dinner. 1 apple pie and 1 pumpkin pie! : ) And plenty of Christmas cookies to last us the rest of the week. We are doing okay. Not crazy about the color of the picture though, see I had the "candle light setting on" because of the pic I took before and I didn't switch it back. Whoops. Sorry. But good looking pies though, even if a terrible terrible picture. Can't wait to eat them tomorrow. Okay going to enjoy my family time now and for the rest of the night , but I wanted to publish this real quick first! Have a good night everyone and happy holidays!!! : )