A quick update first. This was a really good week for our household. No one suffering jet lag, and seems everyone is on schedule and the house is all in order, phew. How did I spend my lazy Sunday and Monday since this past Monday was a holiday? Well, besides going to the grocery store early Monday morning. We stayed home, and stayed put. I did however manage to finish all of the Desperate Housewives the 3rd season collection. And geeze, since it was like 5 DVD's and each had like 4 hours of shows, no wonder my blog was a bit quiet. Ha ha ha. I guess whenever I had a spare minute from cooking or cleaning or hanging with the kiddos. I would sit and relax on the couch, big fluffy pillow and get through another episode. Last night is when I finally finished with those. And this evening as soon as the boys go to sleep tonight, I plan to shut the computer down this evening and get started on the Desperate Housewives, 4th season of that as well. I also made some homemade Toll House cookies this week (chocolate chip with pecan actually) And other then that, just made sure B gets to school, pick him up, help with homework and take him to and from Kumon or swimming club. Both boys are doing excellent with their swimming and nothing really new to report, life's just regular. It's good, no complaints. : )
Anyway, back on subject. Last weekend, coulda been at undokai since we had so many hours of time to kill while there. The hubby mentioned to me. That the following weekend would be a 4 day holiday. Which is this upcoming weekend. He said, Saturday and Sunday are obvious weekends. Anyway Monday is an observed holiday for our town. And I gather Tuesday is a national holiday here? Again, I am not up to date with all the Japanese holidays. But anyway, From Saturday September 20th, until Tuesday September 23rd? Is that date right. Branden has no school. Anyway as he told me this, I said okay. Just rest and relaxation at home then. Then he mentioned that if we wanted, the kids and I could head to Guam for 2 nights. Gah, I said, no thanks, it's okay, not necessary. He said, he was just offering. After a day of thinking about it. I guess I just thought, "why the heck not" I mean if the boys don't have school. Therefore they won't be absent for anything. Then why shouldn't we go. I knew the hubby has to work. But, I don't mind going with the 2 boys. They are both at an easy age. The flight is a mere 3 hours. I've been there enough times, so that I know where I am going. I asked the boys and they were like, "wow cool!!!" So since the boys said yes, then I said yes too!!! So, the hubby booked me a room already and called the rental car people and they will be picking us up at the airport this Saturday then, when we land and bringing me my rental SUV.
I'm not going there for shopping. Having just come from Denver, I have been there, done that type thing, regarding the shopping already, lol. Just going for relaxation and nothing more. I just wanna walk along the tropical beach with my 2 boys and look out at that magnificent blue ocean and just enjoy life, plain and simple. : ) Oh yeah and soak myself in the infinity swimming pool as well. Best part is, when we come back on Monday evening, we have another day to just rest here in Japan. And since the flight is so short, we can't get jet lag. Japan and Guam are only an hour time difference. Meaning 11am here, 10 am there. Anyway no big really! Just wanted to say, from Saturday morning to Monday evening, I will be away.
PS, about the book by Valerie Bertinelli, called "Losing It", I am nearly finished. I have a mere 50 pages left, and I could have finished it last night, but I am sorta savoring those last 50 pages, bit by bit. Ha ha ha. Oh well, I will probably finish it tonight. We'll see. : ) But it was an amazing and wonderful book! : )
!->