Saturday, July 05, 2008

A visit from uncle Jun!!! : )


Saturday was just a day of relaxing. House was clean and Branden was off riding his bike with all his little fellow ichinensei/first grader friends. Meanwhile Noboru and Noah and I, kicked back in the house watching TV and just enjoying our nice quiet weekend. Then the phone rang, Noboru answered it and it was his brother. He said his wife is away today and he'd like to come visit with his daughter, would that be okay? Absolutely and totally, we said! : ) So, he said to give him 20 minutes and he'd be right over! Cool! He came and we went out in the backyard! He lives in a mansion/owned apartment in Narita so doesn't have a yard, which is okay, but he does likes to come to our place to enjoy. And we love having them. : ) He just sat at the edge of the yard and looked at the endless rice fields and went....."kirei!!!!!" Meaning beautiful! He said the yard was beautiful and had changed a lot and he said the view was also breath taking. This is a pic of uncle Jun and my niece Mia! : ) Oh yeah and an accidental pic of Keita, my sons friend. He's a good new friend of B's.

Uncle Jun and Mia-chan! : )

And here's more friends. The one right behind Noboru is Kouiki (sp?) but everyone pronounces his name a bit more like, "Corky", so I pronounce it that way, but I don't stress the R so much. He is in Branden's class and sits right next to Branden and lives in the same community as us. Keita lives in the same community as us too. Which is why all these little first graders always get together every day. Ha ha ha. And obviously Branden is in the floppy hat. : ) Noboru put the sprinkler on for the boys. And he also squirted the kids with the sprinkler as well. Poor, poor drenched kids! Ha ha ha.

Branden is very good with little kids, he actually very kind to all little kids, he's just a really good big brother type! He was so kind to Mia-chan, he walked her around the yard, they held hands. She warmed right up to him! Uncle Jun kept saying, "what a good boy Branden is" He's a good brother he said. I told him thank you, and yeah B is a good kiddo. : )

Branden gently held her in the seat, Jun was so thrilled he had to take a picture of the moment! Ha ha ha. : )

Mia-chan turned 1 years old in February! She's an expert at walking and running already. After a while she was trying to run after the boys in the yard. She also went up the play yard with help of uncle Jun and Branden. She steered the playground with the steering wheel. And she actually slid down the big slide, but uncle Jun caught her towards the end. A very brave girl, I think! : ) She cried when she first came, but just a bit, which it's normal, most kids Mia's age cry when they first see new people or people they hadn't seen for a while. But she quickly got over that and had a blast for the hour they were here! : ) Also her mom was having a nice and probably much needed break from mommyhood. She and her friends went to Tokyo to do some girl stuff! I told Jun, it's good for her to get away like that to get that little break and feel refreshed like that. She deserves it, I told him! Satoe-chan (his wife and my sister in law) is so awesome and nice! : )

Noah chan loved Mia-chan, he thought she was just the bees knees! I think, he liked being bigger then someone for a change, instead of always being the youngest around here! : ) If the other boys weren't swinging in the seats probably Noah could have gotten in there and I could have taken a pic with the 3 cousins. But ah well, next time hopefully! : ) The kiddo on the right of Mia-chan is "boy next door" ha ha ha and Keita-kun was on the left of B swinging. It was kid city back there, as always! Jun told me, Mia hasn't had the chance to play with other kids much yet. I said...'that's very understandable, babies that young really don't get a chance to interact much" Branden at that age was the same way. But I told him, bring her around here more, I've always got tons of kids at our house, she'll be part of the gang in no time! Ha ha ha. And she was today! : ) They left, it was time for uncle Jun to be back home, and he left. Mia-chan honestly cried and didn't want to leave! She seriously didn't want to leave. : ( I didn't want her to leave either! I wish they'd just leave her with me for a few days! Ha ha ha. She's so beautiful and so sweet. It would be sorta nice to have a little girl hang around the house more! : ) I absolutely adore my niece to the millionth degree! I adore her to bits! : ) Oh yeah uncle Jun also gave 5000 yen to Noah for his birthday. It wasn't expected or anything at all, we thanked him immensely for that! Yup, uncle Jun rocks! : ) I think the world of my brother in law, I really do! : )

Tonight's dinner was chicken and cheese enchiladas. I grated a whole bunch of cheese, with my Ikea grater and it's holder. The red and black holders. I also boiled 2 chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked. And then I took the skins off, and took off any funky yucky bits and rinsed the chicken quite well and then I shredded it. After that I added spices to the chicken, to flavor the chicken.

After skillet frying the corn tortillas and blotting any excess oil off those. I started rolling them up! : )

I don't want to say raw, because they most certainly aren't raw, the chicken is done and cooked. But I'll just say, before they hit the oven! Ha ha ha. I made 11 enchiladas. They were stuffed and excellent size. Just chicken and cheese in each of them. : ) I then covered with tin foil tightly and then I whacked them in my oven on 350 F for 30 minutes. Except last 5 minutes I covered with the extra cheese and covered back with the tin foil. : )
All hot and ready to be eaten! : )

Rice all ready to go as well! : )
What my meal looked like this Saturday night! I like onions on mine and can't add them while cooking because my husband hates onions so much. Ha ha ha. But I don't mind adding them like this at all. Dinner was so good! And yes, I did fix a little plate and had Branden walk it over to my friend, who wanted to try them! : ) I hope everyone had a nice Saturday as well, wherever you all may be! : )