Tuesday, June 24, 2008

That new Indiana Jones movie rocks!!! : ) Yup we went to the movies, lol!!! : )


Okay, so before I start this post, I think it's only fair to give you all some additional info! For starters, when I was growing up in Denver, as a young girl, my mom would take me to the movies all the time. We'd go every Sunday or every other Sunday, but mostly a weekly thing. So we were always constantly at the movies. We would go see a Sunday matinee movie, and since I was an only child. It was a great time for girly bonding for my mom and I!
Mostly Disney films. I saw Freaky Friday with my mom, I think I was barely 4 years old when that movie came out. So, yeah I was a little little girl! : ) Escape to Witch Mountain, (remember this one with Tia and her brother and their powers), lol! My mom even took me to see Grease for the first time in my life, on one of our Sunday matinees! Ha ha ha! Anyway what I am saying is, I grew up loving to go to the movies. Something about buying our big popcorn and drinks and candy that made it all feel so special! I am also a big fan of drive-ins, but that's a story for another day! : ) Anyway all through my childhood I loved going to the movies. Even in high school with my friends. or in uni with Noboru back when we were dating. LOL. Even as newlyweds we always went and enjoyed a good movie. Sadly to say, though, the last movie I went to was when I was preggers with Branden. About 8 month's pregnant. Noboru and I and 2 of his Japanese friends/coworkers from NWA, also went. So, me and 3 Japanese guys went to see Castaway with Tom hanks. Yes, that was the very last movie I ever saw at the movie theater! Sure we rent DVD's, and that is a huge plus! : ) But I have always missed the going to the movies thing *very* much! A few of my friends, have kids older then B and Noah. And they have all, by now been able to go back to going to the movies. I often said to myself, "don't worry, someday you too, will be able to get that part of your life back, the going to the movies part, is what I mean, ha ha ha!" Someday it would be my turn to once again enjoy a movie at the theater. So, I waited patiently, waited some more...until now! : ) Branden's at the best and easiest age. And Noah was the best and most quietest and wonderful baby! Never screamed or cried during an immunization. Always slept through the whole night. But the terrible 2's hit him hard. Hit all of us hard. However, Noah will be age 3 in a few weeks time. And I have noticed this past few weeks, he is indeed starting to get extremely mellow. No more mischief at all, which is weird, yet we are all happy about though and welcome that, lol. And he's becoming like the coolest little guy ever! We have and enjoy nice long conversations, Noah and I. Sometimes with no point in end, but we have them. : ) He's a star at swim school while he waits for B to swim, has been perfect for weeks now. And if not, a quick reminder gets him into check. He's mellowed in a big huge way. I didn't wanna say this, until I knew for sure. And last week, I was sure. For sure, for sure. A mother always knows type sure. : ) All those terrible two's have fizzled out, run their course and vanished. So, I started thinking perhaps this is the right time for us to hit the movies, just to test it out. I watched him a few days and sure enough as mellow as ever still. So, on Sunday we both agreed, so we made a plan for Tuesday to head to the movies to see the new Indiana Jones movie! : ) Fingers crossed all was okay and we were right! : ) So Tuesday came, and I made sure dinner was done by the time Noboru went to pick up Branden and Genki this afternoon. By the time Noboru and Branden came back, dinner was done! : )


My serving, yes my meal looks small, sorry, remember I am giving myself smaller portions lately. : )

Branden didn't have homework today, well he did.... but he did it already. Noboru last Thursday had Branden do the math lessons, 4 lessons in advance. And he stood upstairs with him and helped him, so he is ahead still. I think they are doing lesson 13 on Tuesday but he's already finished up to lesson 15. So he's still a bit ahead right now. So, since he didn't have any homework to do. We all ate right away. Cream stew for both the boys. Curry for Noboru and I. Can you see Branden's arms up in the pic and he is as usual so happy right now, telling this story about how he and a few friends were play wrestling with a few other classmates. I think they wanna impress the girls in the class, ha ha ha! : ) Branden already has a small little crush on some little girl right now. : ) Anyway we all ate. And Branden got to play and ride bikes with a few of his classmates. He played from 3-5pm. Our movie started at 6:10 pm. I told B, we would leave the house by 5:10 pm. So to be home without delay. Which he was actually early! : )

So this is the first movie that Branden and Noah have ever seen at the movie theater! I will make 2 copies of this picture and make sure to add this to each of their scrapbooks! I will call it, "your first movie" Awww! Anyways may be a bit nerdy, but now they will have a picture marking this event in their lives! : ) Also, this was mine and Noboru's first movie since Castaway! So we were equally thrilled!

Noboru in line to go and buy us our movie tickets!
I had already had the talk with both boys. "You can only come to the movies if you promise to be quiet in the movie. Otherwise we will have to leave and you can't come back for a long long time." They both knew this, had heard me say this about a hundred times, since this weekend so they were aware and they were perfect! Noboru went and got the tickets, meanwhile the boys and I went to decide what to get snack wise. Then Noboru went to the bathroom with both boys right before we went in. While they peed, I ordered our stuff. And the 4 of us went into the movies. They also had, some sorta booster seat about 100 of them in the hall of the theater. But a sorta big thick cushion for kids. each of the boys used those and they had a clear view. Also on this Tuesday evening. I would say it was really a dead day to go to the movies. Maybe 6 people in the movie theater besides us at the most. 1 elderly couple sat in front of us. But with the stadium seating, nobody's head was a factor at all. 1 couple about Noboru's and my age sat about 6 rows behind us someplace. One lone guy sitting way left and in the back. And 1 lone lady, sitting way in front and on the right side. And that was it!

Snack stand! : )

Each of the boys got their own small popcorn and they also got their own soda. We rarely let them have soda, but this was a special day. Our first movie experience so why not! : ) And Noboru and I shared a big tub of popcorn back and forth. And we had our own drinks. We sandwich seated the kids, meaning Noboru on one side, and I on the other side with the 2 boys in between. That way if a stranger came, no unknown person would be sitting near our kids. Yes, we are just your typical average protective parental units! Ha ha ha! : ) Also check out the baskets, I had never been given my movie stuff in a plastic basket before, lol! That was a definite first! : )

A very dark picture, but the movie hadn't started yet and I didn't want the few people that were in there with us, to be freaked by my flash going on. So, I left it off and kept the pic dark. Se Branden, Mr. mellow, was just reading a paper about an upcoming movie he wants to come see. And Noah smiling and happy, but being quiet and a good boy!

This is a pic of the movie! I won't spoil it for you, but I'll just say this was a really *really* good movie! : ) The boys were perfect the whole way through, not as much as a peep out of either of them! Branden was so enthralled by the movie, and he munched his popcorn during the movie and we filled their popcorn's up with our big tub off and on throughout the movie as well. So B was quiet. Oh yeah he laughed a few times. The movie was in English but had Japanese subtitles. Noah was as quiet and as mellow as B. He didn't say anything. Didn't even talk once. He stayed in his seat the whole entire movie. He also enjoyed his own popcorn. And his drink. When the movie was about to end, I whispered to Noah, "the movie should be ending soon, you were an angel" and I am so very proud of you" He smiled but still stood quiet. As we filed out of the movie theater and Noboru took the boys to pee before heading home. Anyway as we were walking to the car, they were all 'chatty kathy" "What was your favorite part daddy?" "Or mommy what was your favorite part" I think both of the boys *favorite part* questioned us to death for the ride home! : ) Clearly they enjoyed it! I told them in the car...."now I can see you both are at the age where you can actually enjoy going to a movie", "now a whole other world has opened up for you two, now the real fun begins" They want to see more! Oh and....as the preview we saw, a brand new Ultraman movie is coming out in September. I told them if they will be quiet and behaved, we will *totally* be going to see that movie when it comes out!

On the way home, the 4 of us all went through the drive thru to get four of those 100 yen shakes. The boys and I got chocolate and Noboru went with vanilla. And we also bought each of the kids 1 cheeseburger each. Although we ate dinner already, this was just in case either of them felt any last minute hunger. : )
Noah enjoying his chocolate shake on the way home Tuesday evening! : )

Branden enjoying his chocolate shake on the way home from the movies Tuesday evening! : )

Noboru drank his and I sucked on my shake too! : ) When we got home, the boys each had their own cheeseburger and then we went right into a quick shower and bed! It was a pretty good Tuesday! I'm just glad I can once again enjoy going to the movies! And getting to somehow repeat the fun tradition of going to the movies like how my mom always did with me, is just a really cool thing for me to get to do with my 2 sons! Going to the movies with my boys.....bliss! And the funny part is that, I can do that, except now *I* am the mom! Things really do come full circle don't they? : ) Anyways, my kids are now at the age to go see movies and actually behave accordingly, so that's a total high five moment right there! : ) Sometimes, life is just really really cool, isn't it?!! : ) Thanks for always sharing all these mom and kid milestones with me as always, you guys! And shoot, that movie was darn good too! Definitely an A+++ Tuesday! : )