Each performer tonight was asked to do, 2 performances tonight. 2 Neil Diamond songs, since this week's mentor was indeed Neil Diamond! : )
Jason Castro, first song choice was "Forever in Blue jeans" Randy thought it was just okay. Jason's second song was September Morn", Again, Randy said, "this is not the Jason we put into the competition" OMG, what a comment but sorta true. Jason's performances have been slipping, sorry to say. : ( Simon meanwhile thought about the same, he said, "you struggled through both performances" I hate to say it, but I agree.
2nd was David Cook, his first song choice of the night was "I'm alive" And his second song was, "All I really need is you" Randy said, "You were in the zone" And he added, "that was blazin', " I think David Cook is really showing star quality, like Randy said, he really has been in the zone! : )
Paula said, "I feel, like I am already looking at the next American Idol"
3rd up was Brooke White, she went with "I'm a believer" as her first song choice and "I am....I said" for her second song. Nobody really cared for it all too much and I honestly can't say I can blame them. And believe me, I really liked Brooke. But if we are to be honest and judge on her performance, then, the judges are right. While others are clearly in the, "quote unquote zone lately", then it is getting more obvious, that Brooke is *not* in the zone these days at all! Sorry, just being honest.
: ( Anyway Randy said for her first song..."better then last week, but still a little karaoke" I agree! Simon for her first song said, "Brooke, a nightmare" Again, sorry but I agree. Her second song, Simon said..."It wasn't incredible, but it was a million times better"
4th up was David Archuleta, His first song choice was, "Sweet Caroline", Randy loved it!!! His second song of the night was "America" Randy said, "Another good performance baby" and he added, "da bomb" LOL. : ) Simon said, "well David, that was the right choice in song and very clever of you" I think David Archuleta is definitely in the zone, as well as a few others. I felt David Archuleta both performances tonight were dead on! Really amazing! : )
Last but not least was, Syesha. Her first song of the night was "Hello Again" and her second song, was "Thank the lord for the night time" Honestly I think Syesha is another ones clearly in the zone. Her performances have been flawless!!! Randy said he liked her Broadway appeal. I agree!!!
Sunday night cuts!!! Who had to leave us? : (
Brooke White.
In a way, I was sad to see Brooke go, because she was a sweet girl, a good egg. But honestly her performances lately were terrible and it was pretty obvious to those of us that had been watching faithfully every week, she was going to be leaving the show pretty soon. She clearly wasn't going to make it until the end. Not with the performances she had been giving lately. So, it was sad, but it was definitely time for her to go. Sorry Brooke! : )
My favorites so far.
David Archuleta
Syesha
David Cook
(the 3 of them are so totally in the zone, it's not even funny! : )
I worry for Jason Castro because his performances have been sorta weak lately! : ( Pull it up Jason!!! : )