Sunday, April 20, 2008

American Idol! : )

American Idol, as Ryan Seacrest said, the count down to the finale has begun! That sounded so exciting, lol! : ) Anyway tonight's theme was the year they were born! : )

1st, was Ramiele, , she was born I 1987, and sang a song by Heart, called Alone. Randy said it wasn't the right choice. Simon said, I don't think it was as bas as what Randy said. My thoughts? It wasn't as good as the Heart song, that Carly did a few weeks back.

2nd was Jason Castro, his song tonight was Sting's, Fragile. Paula said he was staying true to who he is. And Simon said that was the equivalent of someone playing outside of the train station. And he urged Jason to take it more seriously! Yikes! : )

3rd, was Syesha, she was born in 1987 and her song choice was "If I were your women" I thought she sounded fantastic! And I thought she showed real star power with her performance! Randy said....I think this was the best I ever heard you sing, including your audition. And he also said it was "blazing hot" Paula said it was perfect pitch!

Chikezie, sang, "if only for one night", I loved his performance tonight! Randy said, "I didn't love this for you" Paula said she disagreed with Randy and said, "he's a throw back but a good throwback" I happen to agreed with Paula! Simon said he has to show originality!

5th, up was Brooke White, born in 1983. She sang "Every breath you take", Randy said it was a very interesting song choice. And he didn't love the arrangement with the band coming in. Simon said the first half was fantastic and better then last week. And when the band came in, it became old fashioned. I personally really liked it! : )

Michael Johns, born in 1978 and his song was "We will rock you", by Queen. I loved his performance!!!! What did the judges say? Randy said, "that was the best performance for me since you were on this show" And Simon said, this is the first time for you, I saw star potential!

7th up was Carly, she was born in 1983, and sang Total Eclipse of the Heart! Randy said, I didn't love it, and wasn't quite the right song for you. Simon said, something didn't quite work there. I sorta agreed with what they said about the vocal, but I do love the song though! : )

8th up was David Archuleta, he was born in 1990? Wow, he's such a young guy, isn't he? : ) He sang a song called "the voice" I personally never heard of the song before at all. Randy said, "didn't recognize the song but loved the vocal" Paula, said...."couldn't you have picked an American composer?" Oh man, I bet Paula was not popular after saying that one! Ha ha ha! : )

9th was Kristy Lee Cook, she was born in 1984 ad she sang, "God bless the USA" I loved her performance and I love the song! Simon said, it was her best performance by a mile and the most clever song choice! : )

Last but not least was David Cook, he was born in 1982 and sang Billie jean! OMG, I loved his version of this! Randy said, "this was probably the most original original contestant we've ever had." And that he could win this competition! Paula said "I'm blown away" And Simon said..."that was brave....it coulda ether been insane or amazing I'm here to tell you it was amazing"

My favorites for tonight?

Syesha
Kristy lee Cook
David Cook

And I'm still very fond of David Archuleta and Jason Castro! They just weren't my favs tonight with their vocals or song choices. : )

And who was cut on Sunday's show?

Chikezie! : (