Thursday, April 10, 2008

American Idol!!! : )

Sorry a bit late this week with the American idol post, with B starting the first grade and my MIL coming and all the craziness of this week, this week just kicked my butt and so that's why it was a bit delayed. However, I had this post saved, and now I have the time to publish it! Phew! So anyways.... : )

Saturday's episode was 2 hours long. It happened to be songs from the Lennon and McCartney song book. I love the Beatles, my parents loved the Beatles and so I loved this week a whole lot! : )

First to go up was Syesha, She sang, "Got to get you into my life" now from my ears it sounded like the arrangement almost exactly that Earth, Wind and Fire did almost completely to a T. Which was funny Randy mentioned the same exact thing. Hmmm. : ) Randy said, nice arrangement, started rough though and he did remark about it being the earth, Wind and Fire arrangement. I thought so too 100%, so I agreed with that. : ) Paula said it started "off pitch", I thought so too. Simon meanwhile said, great choice in song, just looked nervous but it was better then last week.

Second was Chikezie, his song tonight was "she's a woman", Randy told Chikizie, he was thoroughly entertained.Simon said, "I thought you looked terrific"

Ramielle, she sang, "In my life" (man, this is a fantastic song, btw : ) Randy said, I liked it, but kinda boring.Paula said it was pretty safe. Simon said he was bored to tears! Oh man, poor Ramielle tonight! : ) I have to agree though, it was pretty safe.

4th to go was Jason Castro, he said in his interview "howdy ya'll" ha ha ha. I love that! His song tonight was, "If I fell" Randy said "I liked it, I didn't love it". Yeouch about Randy's comment! Ha ha ha. Paula said, I disagree with Randy. Simon said, "it was all a little, student in the bedroom at midnight" ha ha ha! I really like Jason, and I will share that my mom use to sing this particular song around the house and with me all the time when I was a little girl, so this song has a lot of special memories for me personally. So, I really liked it.

Carly Smithson, she sang "Come together" Randy called it a stellar performance. And Simon said, "week after week so far, I think you've picked the *wrong* song.....until now!!!" She was so happy he said that you could tell by her face!!! And he said, reminds me of Kelly Clarkson at the stage in the competition.

David Cook, he sang Eleanor Rigby. Randy said, you can definitely rock out on Idol. Paula said, there's more then 1 horse in this race. Simon said, "I thought it was brilliant" and he said, "if this stays a talent competition instead of a popularity contest, you can actually win this!!!"

Brooke White, sang "Let it be", I thought it was good. Randy said, I don't know if this was your strongest performance but he's a fan and he felt it was a heartfelt performance. Simon said it was one of the best performances of the night.

Next was David Hernandez, his song choice for tonight. "I saw her standing there", Randy said it was a little too over done. Paula, said you know I love you, but I feel you over did it a bit! Simon called it, corny verging on desperate! What did I think? I thought it was sorta like a Disney performance. Now what I mean is, when we go to Tokyo Disneyland or Sea, they have really good and talented performers, and they sing and perform awesome, but they do, sorta over do it (exaggerated facial expressions and stuff that my kids come to love at Disney and us too, we like it while there and always enjoy the shows). And we come to expect that sorta show at Disney, you know what I mean? Well, tonight David Hernandez's performance sorta reminded me of that type of performance, so I could see all 3 of the judges point. He did sorta over do the performance a bit.

Amanda, she sang, "you can't do that" Randy said he loved it and thought it was cool. Simon said it wasn't as good as last week's.

Michael Johns, he sang, "Across the universe" (love this song!!!), Randy said don't know if it was your best performance and called it a little sleepy. Simon said he should let himself go!!!

Kristy Lee Cook, sang "Eight days a week", in a country style. Randy said, "half of me likes it and half of me didn't". Paula said, she didn't "get it" Simon said, he thought "it was horrendous and sounded like Dolly Parton on helium" Poor Kristy! What did I think? I think doing the song country was a good idea, but they *way* over did the country arrangement and made the song too fast, they coulda kept it softer and it woulda worked.

And last but not least was David Archuleta!!! Now I am a bonafide fan of this little guy, I find him adorable! But I was shocked that he said he was totally unfamiliar with Beatles songs! Granted yes, he's 17 years old and all. But geeze, my 6 year old knows like 5 Beatles songs by heart and he knows the rest when he hears them play in CD in the house or in the minivan and he sings along. We play the Beatles and also the Wings stuff in our home a lot, so our boys, even Noah knows Beatles songs, granted he just hums along and says a few words from the songs but even he's getting there, lol. I don't know, I guess I was really surprised that David Archuleta didn't know Beatles songs, no biggie I guess. : ) I just thought they were popular all over the world and so well known, hmmm. : ) Ah well! Ha ha ha : ) He sang "We can work it out" But he sang the Stevie Wonder version instead. He forgot the words twice during his performance and that was really unlike him. I wasn't too jazzed about his performance tonight to be honest. And it sucks because I really do like David Archuleta a lot. Anyway, what did the judges think? Randy said, it was not on point! Paula said, "it wasn't your best performance, forgetting the lyrics like that, never let it show on your face" Simon said, "that was a mess and he stumbled over his words. : (

Sunday's results show!!! Who got the ax tonight? Who got cut? As usual, I'll get right down to business! The person let go tonight was:

David Hernandez!!!