Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008! : )

Our family of four managed to sleep in this morning until about 11:30 am. Man that was a fantastic sleep we all had. What did we do all day? Nothing, we stayed home and hung out with each other, finished off the kimchee nabe for lunch at our house. Watched a bunch of stuff on satellite. Played a few rounds of Jenga. And then we had a sorta early 4:30 pm dinner of fajitas at home. We have eaten fajitas tons of times, but we have never made fajitas before at home. So, since we had bought about 4 of these fajitas mixes when we were in Oregon a few month's back, we thought today would be the perfect day to try them. I wondered how would they taste? Would they taste good, or like crud. Would they taste authentic or what. Hmm. : )


They came out really *really* good. Actually they came out way better then I was expecting. Tasted no different then the flavor of fajita chicken as, say, The Hard Rock Cafe or any other place like that. Authentic tasting, umm maybe not, but very American tasting fajitas, so I loved them. I will totally buy the fajita packets again. I was pleased. No sizzling skillet of fajitas at our home, ha ha ha. But it was fine. We just filled our own tortillas and wrapped them up and we went and ate in the living room. Chicken, onions and bell peppers under all that. Sour cream, salsa and lettuce and cheddar cheese. It was definitely not a fancy New years spread, but I tell ya! It was one heck of a delicious tasting New Years dinner. And a nice relaxing dinner at home with just the family, that's what I really liked the most! They were filling. These 2 fajitas were more then enough to fill me up. We had a lot of leftover fajitas stuff.

Around 6:00 pm, I baked a cake. Just a really simple fast one. I figured we had all that vanilla ice cream in the freezer, and cake and ice cream together sounded really awesome to me. So, I baked this real quick. The sour cream choco frosting was so good! : )


And by 7:00 pm, we were having dessert, cake and ice cream. So good! And then we all took hot showers and baths and back to the living room for us. Kids all zonked out, one by one. And then it was finally just the hubby and I. We watched the final DVD, it was a comedy called Epic or something. It was silly, we had a good laugh and that's how we finished the first day or first night of the year. A very quiet New year indeed. : )