Friday's obento. Pepperoni pizza. I made this pizza out of bread. In Japan it's called pizza toast. The pepperoni, I bring back every time I go to Guam or Hawaii, or the US mainland. I actually have a bag that is 3/4 full still. I will still be bringing back more pepperoni with me this time though. And a bit of the leftovers from the night we had hamburg. Not last night, but the night before that. Sorry, last night we had tacos. And I usually make taco obento. But today, when I woke up, I just decided, I am making pizza for his obento. Ha ha ha. Not sure why, must have just sounded better to me this morning, for some odd reason. So no taco obento for B today. Ha ha ha. Oh well, we will have tacos for leftovers for dinner tonight then. So where was I? Oh yeah, okay what's in his lunch! Pepperoni pizza, leftover oven roasted potatoes, green beans and a mixed fruit cup of fresh fruit. 3 different colors of grapes, dark purple, green and a wine color. 2 pieces of fresh pineapple, 1 piece of mikan and 1 slice of kiwi. We love eating kiwi at our house. And 1 peach jelly. Yup, I bought a new bag of jellys yesterday at the store. That's it, a very fast obento to prepare. The pizza was done as soon as the toaster oven worked it's magic, ha ha ha. : )
Anyway, as of yesterday, we were pretty much set that we were indeed going to Oregon, because of the flight info we were getting. This made me really happy. I did research this place the most, so far. I really had my heart set on Oregon. And after so much research we found the perfect hotel. After reading customer reviews for hours on end, from Expedia on hotels, yahoo, hotel reviews and so on. This hotel seemed perfect. The price was right. The location was prefect. They had rooms available. And get this. This hotel had free big breakfast every morning and I don't mean just the continental breakfast either ha ha ha, cereals galore, waffles, sausages, omelets etc, etc. So many customers remarked/reviewed how delicious their breakfast was. And then, get this. They also commented that every night they make a homemade soup and also baked homemade cookies every single night!!! Oh my gosh! And hotel guests can go downstairs and get some warm cookies and some soup and go back to their room! Oh man! I was so happy! Noboru was happy. We did not book the room because, with flying stand by, you gotta be a bit more sure. But we knew 1 thousand percent sure this was the hotel for us. I was imagining how I would walk down and get some cookies with the kids. Ahh, what bliss. And then, we got the wind knocked outta us and now we must change our city. Wahhhhh! : (
So, this morning. Friday morning. Noboru checked the employees private website. He checks every morning and every night before we leave on a trip because things can change in a blink of an eye if you fly non rev. Sigh. So, anyway he said. Looks like we won't be staying in Oregon now. However we will be flying to Oregon. Here's the skinny, the flight going to Oregon has many open available seats leaving from Narita. So, yes we will get back to the US mainland. The problem is when we leave back to Japan, the day we need to fly back to Japan is full from Oregon. So we can get to Oregon yes, but we can't leave Oregon to get back to Japan. So, for now. And remember things can change tomorrow, so take this with a grain of salt. So for now, and actually Noboru called me from work this afternoon. He told me, we will leave Japan and head to Oregon. However, we will be leaving Oregon and instead we will be heading to Washington state. Which Washington state seems really attractive to our family too, it seems really nice. So we were still pretty happy about our destination. He asked me to research everything under the sun on Seattle and the surrounding areas. From hotel's, shopping centers, outlet malls, restaurants, just everything I can get my hands on. The reason is, the flight to get back to Japan from Seattle is wide open the day we need to head back, like 100 seats type open. So, anyway it's not bad news, it's just a change in plans. We are really thrilled about Seattle too though. Like I said earlier, we like anywhere on the west coast. People are really nice. The landscaping is beautiful. So, anyhow. I guess I better hurry up and post this. I have to get taco stuff reheated. Yup, the boys and I are having leftovers tonight, meanwhile Noboru is eating dinner at work tonight. And after that, I will make sure everyone gets showered. And then I am going to spend my evening researching every hotel, everything I can about Seattle. So for now, we think this will be our ultimate destination. However, as the days grow closer, we will know 100% sure or not. But, we know how things can change so we do take things with a few grains of salt. So, I hate saying for sure unless we know for sure, if that makes sense at all. Anyway, I have plenty of Seattle research to do tonight. Like, where is the nearest outlet mall? Where is the nearest regular mall. Where is the nearest Target? Ha ha ha, just stuff like that. And a ton of hotel reviews to start reading through. Ha ha ha. Anyway, just wanted to say, have a wonderful weekend everyone! We are spending our weekend at home, relaxing and doing some Seattle research, ha ha ha. We will ultimately be leaving Tuesday. So, if I am really quiet in the blogosphere, I am still around. I'm just really super busy getting ready for our trip. So, anyway, again have a great weekend everyone! : )