Monday, August 06, 2007

It's official, summer, rocks!!! And some TV talk! : )

Oh man, I freakin' love summer!!! One of my many reasons, is because I am now completely back at my regular ol' night owl, time schedule. In truth, I am, by nature a night owl. I love to stay up late. Watch TV and just relax while the rest of the world is off in lalaland. I had to stop that though when Branden started yochien at age 3. It was a very hard transition to make me an early riser. It's just not me. But by the time, he was age 4 and in his second year of yochien, I was a pro at waking up early in the AM. Again, I do it yes, but it has never come natural to me (I will forever hate mornings! wink, wink ). Some people are just natural born "early birds" or they are natural born "night owls". Now that summer is in full swing. No early waking up to do, for this night owl. And I am back to my old ways! I have been staying awake anywhere from midnight, up until 3:00 am every single night. I love it! And with the kids not even waking up until around 9:30 am most days. And some days they even snooze until, around 10:30 am (mostly Branden).

Most days, we either laze around the house or laze around the backyard. Either way, we don't have far to go, to laze around and that suits me just fine. Ha ha ha. : )

House is still totally spic and span though, but my days are just so much less hectic. Not hectic at all actually and boy do I love that! Another reason for us to love summer. Ha ha ha. And on Tuesdays we have no schedule at all. Total free day, (I purposely keep it like that) no swimming to be done (unless you count in the backyard, lol), or Kumon to be done on Tuesdays either. So Tuesdays we can even be lazier then the rest of the week. And the other days we feel quite lazy to begin with, so imagine Tuesdays are even nicer! Ha ha ha! : )

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays, are the days, we either have a Kumon or swimming class, however none of that even starts until at least 3:00 pm. So there's never that dreadful rush, rush feeling! We can be snoozy and rest all day long until 3:00 pm. And so it seems one day is just rolling, right into the next, with ease! And with me getting to stay up as late, as I want at night. I'm quite the happy camper here! : )

TV, or I guess, I should say satellite TV, sorry. But, they must be having "horror month" or something, because it seems a bunch of scary movies have been playing at 11:00 pm every night and on another channel at midnight. Now, I've never let either of my kids watch a scary movie. So they have no real fear of monsters or anything that goes bump in the night, like I did when I was growing up, ha ha ha. So we watch these after the kids are fast asleep and tucked away in their beds. But, Noboru and I have watched so far....The Boogeyman! Now this Boogeyman movie wasn't too popular I gather, but I must say, the first 10 minutes of it. With the little boy, who laid in the bed, thinking something lurked in his closet. Then he saw a pile of clothes on his chair. He turned on his little lamp. And it was just a pile of clothes. So he turned off the light. Then next thing you know, the pile of clothes moved and got up and tried to "get him", and the face of that boogeyman! OMG!!! That was so scary! That's what I was afraid of, when I was little! Good thing I didn't see this when I was young, otherwise I would have never gotten to sleep as a child. Even now, it was a bit scary! Yikes that movie! Another night, we saw Poltergeist. Not so scary, but pretty good, and gosh I hadn't seen that movie in years! We also watched Ghostbusters the other night as well, ha ha ha, not scary at all, but goes with the same ghostly theme for the 11:00 pm or midnight movie. Saw 2, came on and we saw that again.That was is more gore, then scary though. Ring 2, keeps coming on. We skipped that one, not sure why. Also, I know what you did last summer came on too. But anyway yeah, it must be "scare the crap out of yourself month", on the ol' satellite TV here in Japan, because every night we have been watching something sorta scary. Ha ha ha. : )

Other movies I have been watching on satellite lately. I saw Mona Lisa Smiles, again with Julia Robert's. Maid in Manhattan with J Lo, was on the othernight, I caught that. And Shall We Dance came on another night, and we watched that one as well.

As for TV shows, I've been watching a bunch of Will and Grace lately on Fox. I've also been watching a lot of the Gilmore Girl's lately on Lala. The Swan on Fox, this show is about 2 self proclaimed ugly ducklings who want plastic surgery, vow to hit the gym two hours a day, visit the dentist and then compete against a fellow ugly duckling who also under went the same surgery. To see who can, become the best looking. Very unusual concept for a show I know, but really interesting to watch. Many of these ladies were bullied and made fun of during their school years. I recall one of these ladies, said "she never had any friends" another one said, they used to throw eraser bits, into her hair on the bus ride to school every day" Your heart breaks for all of them. They tell their tales. And then you watch them transform externally in this 1 hour show. Most of these ladies had exceptional inner beauty to begin with. And they actually wrote the show, asking for help on the outside and whether they win or lose, against the other girl or not, really doesn't matter, because they all got the help they came for, in the end anyway. Awesome show, again I am sure some people might not like this show, but I really enjoy it. I love to see the underdog prevail! I love it! I've also been watching, Dog The Bounty Hunter a lot on Reality TV. I'm still watching Nip/Tuck, and Six Feet Under. And I am really into the TV show on Fox called Bones. And I have been still watching tons of forensic shows, all kinds. Medical Detectives, Forensic Files, and even Psychic Detectives, (these shows come on a TV channel called, "FOX, Crime" I like watching these type shows really, because these dirt bags, who kill or murder the innocent, they think they can easily get away with it. One guy for instance throws a dead body in a trash bag, little does he know, trash bags are not all the same. Those perforated dots and streaks on the bag can be matched and they were matched to the same pack of trash bags at the killers house! The ways, they catch these creeps is infinite. From measuring blood spatter, to steaming an object with super glue, to look for latent finger prints. Either way, again I like to see someone catch the bad guys! Nice to see justice in the end for the innocent, sadly they don't catch everyone though and that sucks. Ha ha ha! I also saw this show the other day on Reality TV about conjoined twins. Really interesting show actually! Showed adult conjoined twins who stayed together. Teenage conjoined twins, who are staying together. Some who were separated and lived. And some who wanted to be apart so badly and died through the surgery. Like I said, it really and truly was an interesting show.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention how much we are enjoying our summer break, and what I've been watching on TV lately! : )