Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday! : )


Monday morning, a typhoon was supposed to be hitting Chiba. Honestly it seemed like some medium grade rains in the morning and early afternoon and then it all just fizzled out and not a dot of rain come 6:00 pm. Hmm. So with it being an indoors type day. I decided to put some non adhesive liners down in my drawers in the kitchen. I had been wanting to do this but it was something I was putting off. So today was the day for it. I did this while the boys were both still asleep by the way.

I didn't want to use the sticky tack type paper, that my mom used to use for hers. Sorry mom if you're reading. : ) I just wanted the kind, I could replace, but without gluing it in there, is all. : )

I purposely let the sides and corners over lap a pinch because I didn't want a chance of the drawers to ever be scraped or scratched. Yup, I'm a dork, what can I say. : ) I finished up all the drawers, and drank a hot cup of caramel machiatto while I worked on my little morning project. Listening to an old Prince CD.

In the early afternoon, after the boys woke up and they ate. While they watched some Little Einstein DVD's. I meanwhile went into the kitchen and baked an homemade apple pie. I watched the rain fall, from the big patio glass door. Had myself another cup of coffee. And threw the pie into the oven.

I had bought Branden's pencils and little pencil case and eraser and sharpener from the local little drug store. Since it's the country side, the selection was so slim. They had either Mario (you know the character from Mario carts and other Nintendo stuff) or Hello Kitty. Yup basically one set for girls and one set for boys. Well, good thing we don't care in the least, what our pencils look like, because Mario was just fine. I had sharpened them and put his name on everything. And got his little study bag all set for when 3:00 pm rolled around. But that was hours ahead still, so we were fine. In the afternoon while the pie baked. The kids crayoned some pictures and in some of their coloring books. I made a really good lunch for them. Turkey and swiss cheese sandwiches. Potato chips. Fresh melon cut and sliced into cute little squares. And we also had some peanut butter celery sticks. They were stuffed. Branden and Noah watched one more episode of Tom and Jerry by this time (the Little Einstein DVD was long over).
The apple pie was done. I let it cool, on the counter. I had Branden go pee one last time before we left the house. And at 2:50 pm we left the house. The thing of the Kumon we go to, is you can go any time between 3:00 pm and 9:00 pm. We will always go at 3:00 pm though, because he's little and it's good for him to get it over with and then come home and enjoy the rest of the night. By the time we got into the car, they got into their car seats and such. We were driving down the road. We got there in front of the building at 2:56. Not counting the 3 minutes to get settled in the car. It took us only 3 minutes to drive there, wow that's close! LOL! I saw a little girl about 6 or 7 years old walking into the building all by herself. I was really happy to see her, so I said okay Branden, there she goes. So, you should go into the building as well. He was happy to go. He waved and I stood, until he gave me a wave from the window inside. Then I drove off. Got home really fast. I started to prepare dinner. I made chili tonight. You know chili con carne (sp?). Chili beans basically. I fried up some ground beef. I had the chili packets from the store that I got in the US. So, I made a whole pot of chili, perfect for a rainy day. Baked some corn bread and buttered it, oh man dinner was great. And we had homemade apple pie for dessert. At 3:30 pm, though I headed out of the house, turned off the stove and I drove back to the Kumon. I parked my car right in front. I waited. I had emailed the teacher the night before telling her I would be dropping him off at 3:00 pm and return at 3:30 pm and I would happily wait in my car,, no rush, and my car was white. That way she would know. When Branden was finished, they both looked out the window and when she saw my car, she let him go down the stairs and she looked at the window, waved to me and saw he got into the car. When Branden got into the car, he was talking a mile a minute. He said he *loved* it. That the teacher is really nice. He said, he told her, he has some beetles/kabuto mushi's. He also said, that the 2 little kids, which was Branden and the little girl, were seated widely apart and away from the older kids. And the teacher works with the little kids the entire time. Versus the older kids who are working quietly by themselves. He said, she claps for them when they get it right. He really had a great time. He said he wants to go back.Also, I have been studying right along with Branden as well. So when Noboru tests Branden on letters and words, I ask the hubster to quiz me too, ha ha ha. I have been trying to learn it as well. So, hopefully I can learn. I hope I can! : ) I came home, Branden flopped on the couch. Started playing with Noah, right where they left off. Oh and it doesn't last an hour, like we thought. She said because they are so young it lasts between 30 minutes to 40 minutes. Anyway the kids played after we got home. I finished with supper. We ate. Noboru was still at work. I loaded the dish washer, cleaned up the kitchen. Then the kids got showered and so did I. By that time, Noboru got home. He ate, the chili con carne, corn bread and had a tall glass of iced tea. For dessert, I made some coffee and we all had pie together. Noah zonked out as usual. Noboru asked Branden all about Kumon. Then he went through the homework with him. We watched TV for the rest of the night. Just relaxing. Just a nice, "do nothing" type day! : )