After we got back from Guam, we sorta jumped right back into the swing of things. We have been wanting to do a few small improvements here and there to the landscaping and yard and such. So we went to the local hardware store, or DIY if you will. And got, lumber, hardware and whatever else and Noboru built this fence this week. It took him just 2 short days from start to finish. Including the dry time the concrete base had to dry. And he did it all by himself. We wanted to get it up and done before the weekend typhoon we were expecting came. We will be painting it ASAP, but with typhoons and harsh rains and such. We will have to wait painting it, until we get a forecast of 2 sunny days in a row and as soon as that happens then we will paint it. Noboru wants a white picket fence. Because he wants the fence to match the metal fence in the backyard. Yet we are also considering staining it to the same color as the front porch. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions, huh? But anyway that is one reason we were a bit busy this week. Fence building. Plus we have been getting ready for the summer festival at Branden's school. We both have many things they asked both of us to do. So we have been quite busy. I've been making art cutouts for summer fans (you know to fan off the heat with, lol), Noboru is going to be selling hot dogs at the summer festival and between us both we have just been a bit busy with the fence and the summer festival volunteer duties, we've both been assigned. No complaints though, it is going to be a blast! We're all looking forward to it. Also, I have been on a hunt for the boys' jinbei's (sp?) for this year. We found an adorable one for Noah, rather quickly online, but Branden's was a bit trickier to find. Well, only because we are a bit picky, but we found a really nice one and so I'm happy about it. All, I have to do is buy their Japanese sandals to go with their jinbeis. Some of the sandals are wood, some are tatami looking types (I prefer these kinds), so many choices. Ha ha ha. I love it though because I find choosing the outfits for their Japanese summer outfits really fun! : )
!->