Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Our day at Tokyo Disneyland on Tuesday!!! (part 2 ) : )

Splash Mountain, it was broad daylight. But again not many people showed up today. Lucky for us! This ride has the steepest drop outta the whole park! Branden's been tall enough to ride this since last spring/year and it's so much fun to ride this! It's like the log ride but better! Many many steep drops during, the one ride.The wait time if you see the picture was barely 5 minutes!

As Branden and I were walking into the ride. A few Japanese school girls walked ahead. And again, it wasn't even raining!

The view from one of the steep hills before we plummeted down the hill like a speeding bullet!

Branden and I rode a log with 5 Japanese school boys! They were good well behaved boys! Yup, the view? Looking at the flowers feeling completely serene, ha! It's a scam! They relax you, just to surprise you at the bend and suddenly drop you down the hill at top speeds! I knew what was coming! I was not fooled by the relaxing flowers this time! Ha ha ha, wink wink wink! : )

Again if you read this new sign for the other ride, again it says only a 5 minute wait! Gotta love those rainy Disney days! Ha ha ha! : ) Besides all the rides, we also caught all the shows too! : )
For dinner we went to the Buffet place. In this picture Noah was showing not only his fork skills, but his ohashi skills as well! Just kidding, ha ha ha! : )

Branden buttering his dinner roll! He really is the sweetest kid. He has wonderful table manners. He isn't bouncing all over the place. He sits quietly, he listens and he eats all of his food. He's a really and truly wonderful good kid! He's always been that way. Now my little Noah? ha ha ha, he's a sweetheart but he's like Tigger, he's always jumping and bouncing all over the place. He's always giggly and talks and waves to everybody! He's an extreme extrovert Noah is! Branden is not an introvert at all mind you. He has gobs of friends and all. he's just quieter and more reserved then Noah is. I love them both for all their differences! They are both so special, it's neat to see how different in personality they are though. But they are extremely close to one another though! That's what I am most happy about. : )

Noboru drinking his corn potage, which was perfect for a gray drizzly type day!
My first serving in the Mickey shaped plate. I had salad, a delicious yeasty type diner roll and curry, which I added some all white meat karaage on top. Oh man that was good! I also had spaghetti and pilaf, and Indian curry and naan and all sorts of stuff! We were all stuffed by the time we left!

My dessert! Chocolate nuts cake with a side of cool whip! Ha, I felt *so* "When Harry Met sally" for getting my cool whip on the side! LOL! Pineapple cheesecake, oh my god this was great! And the one with Stitch's face and Mickey's face was honey cake! I had this little dessert plate I made for myself along with a hot cup of coffee! We all had yummy desserts! : )

My poor son! He was getting so sleepy during our meal. And then I turned to him and he was sitting right there dead asleep! I felt badly for waking him up but we did! He woke up and we asked him if he wanted to sleep in the stroller and he said no. He rode more rides! Maybe he only needed a 5 minute nap? Power nap, maybe? : )


When we walked out of the restaurant after dinner. It was like the whole place got deserted almost. I mean there were small crowds to begin with this morning, but now sheesh, only half of the people from this morning were still there! Branden and I went to Splash Mountain again. Noboru hung out with a sleeping Noah, who was snoozing away in his stroller by now. The wait time? Ha! Didn't even say 5 minutes anymore. There was no wait! Zero! Who shared a log with B and I? No one! Absolutely no one! We rode all by ourselves! Again didn't bother us. Kids had their down jackets and rain coats over those. Noah was snuggled in a blanket. We were ready for it! After Branden and I rode. I sat with Noah while he slept and Noboru got to ride with Branden! So everyone got even more turns to ride everything again! Branden and I also rode the Haunted Mansion and the wait time was 0! Ha ha ha! Noboru rode Big Thunder Mountain with Branden as well.


The fireworks display that Disneyland has every single night, unless it's too windy. However it wasn't too windy at all. So the show went on as planned. The four of us all sat and the 3 of us looked at the sky and watched this gorgeous fireworks display! Noah missed it since he was snoozing! : )


Branden and I, even rode the teacups! We rode 2 times in a row!


And who rode with us? Check the pic, no one rode with us! Ha ha ha! It was just Branden and I spinning by ourselves and we still didn't care in the least! We were there to ride the rides and we totally did! : )


Park closes at 10:00 pm. But by 9:00 pm it was virtually a ghost town. Nobody was there practically. With an hour left, we asked Branden what ride he'd like to ride. He said the Taxi's in Toontown so we went there. This pic is sorta blurry, but absolutely nobody was there! One woman was driving the Toon trolley, yet no one was inside. We went in and Branden rode the Taxi's a few more times. We both took turns riding with Branden, while Noah slept.


And our final ride of the night. That's C3Po, right? Ha ha ha! We left at closing. And even though we were going to pay for the ridiculous toll ride home to use the highway, it still took us a while to get home. We got home at midnight! We were dead tired but so totally glad we went, so it was worth it! We went straight to bed! No showers, no baths. Sorry, we were just exhausted! : )


At Disneyland, the popcorn buckets change from season to season. They always change. Ha ha ha. This Spring season it's Stitch. We bought 2 stitch popcorn buckets, one for each of our sons. I liked them because they are colorful and the 3D face on the top is pretty cool! And the colors were perfect for boys, blue, green and yellow! Popcorn buckets are 1200 yen. But in all fairness, bringing them back to Disneyland saves money because refilling them is just 400 yen. So, since we go to Tokyo Disneyland and Sea about 4 times a year, we can save money on the popcorn, plus all the kids have them! I'd feel badly if my kids didn't. So, we don't mind buying them at all.


I bought some mini towels and handkerchiefs for Branden to use at yochien.


And Noah got this cute little Donald Duck hat! Growing up, I had a Mickey Mouse hat with ears and it was stitched with the words "Gina" on the back. Branden had one when he was littler too and it said "Branden" on it! Now it was Noah's turn! He didn't want the Mickey ears though. Hmmm! I guess he just beats to his own drum, I guess. Noah insisted on the Donald one. But then , he always claps for him when he sees him on TV, so go figure! So Donald, it is!


As of course they stitched the words "Noah" on it for us for free! The hat was only like 600 yen, the Mickey was only like 500 yen or something like that. Very affordable! And they will remember these memories when they are older and they see pictures of themselves with a Mickey hat like Branden has pics of himself and Noah will see pics of himself, with the Donald hat as well! So there you have it! Our family went to Tokyo Disneyland and we had a really really great time! We hope to go back real soon! : )