Okay nobody please bonk us for being overly mushy or anything, lol! It's just, I truly adore my husband. Yes, even after 14 years of being together and of 10 years of marriage this year, I still love the man to bits and I know the feeling is mutual! I guess we just lucked out! So no question was in mind that for Valentine's day, I would try to put a smile on my hubby's face throughout the day today! : )
This morning, I made a bunch of crispy American bacon for my 3 guys! And I fried up a bunch of over easy eggs for them as well as toast. Again, we woulda had eggs anyway, so I didn't spend oodles of money or anything, I just tried to do things inexpensive this Valentine's day! Some say it's the thought is what counts, so I just did my best! : )
I made a heart out of peperoni! LOL! Please nobody think it's dumb. I just wanted to make him smile that's al! : )
Not sure why, but Noboru got the biggest kick out of it! Again, it didn't cost any extra cash, we woulda had the pizza for lunch today anyway. But he really loved it!!! : )
Today the rain was terrible! But we had to go out in the rain anyway, because today was Branden's parent teacher conference. The teachers said he always finishes his work first! And they also said, his Japanese is so good now, that he won't be having any problem when he enters elementary school in 2 years. We were happy to hear it! : )
We came home and now it was time for me to get spoiled by my husband. He asked me earlier in the day what I wanted for dinner. And I told him. He made me that! He made us ebi chili for dinner!
The crunchy noodles on the bottom, I prefer when he uses real instant noodles and fries them up versus using premade chow mein noodles. They taste better, in my opinion. : )
Dinner was gorgeous and delicious. Sometimes it's the little things that count the most, you know what I mean? True, no diamonds or pearls. No fancy shmancy restaurant or dom perignon for us. Just a home cooked meal by my husband! And to me this counted more then anything else! Just a couple loving each other, after all these years and appreciating each other as well! Oh I'm sorry if this post is too mushy you guys! I even wondered maybe I shouldn't post this at all, but then I thought it's real and how we spent our day and so I should post it after all. : )
Noboru also had ordered me an ice cream cake. He said, he knew I liked them, since we had one last month. We started some coffee and enjoyed our valentine's desserts! Then we all quickly showered and bathed and headed downstairs and watched American Idol, lol.
It was a very sweet and simple Valentine's day just spent at home! : )