Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Friendship lunch! : )


Okay so today was the day of my small get together at my place. It was wonderful.
Oh and, Noboru hated my Gusto party platter idea, lol. He said it wasn't really a good idea for lunch and we should BBQ instead. I wasn't so sure about a January BBQ. But the day was sunny and we ate inside so it was a good idea afterall, phew! : )

We had grilled BBQ chicken and baked/grilled potatoes and salad and rice. I greeted them, I went right outside and walked them in. Chatted in the kitchen for about 10 minutes. I knew they might want to see the house in a bit more detail, so I let them check it all out. Then we all sat down and they checked out some pictures from my childhood. Pictures like of my parents, my grandma, me at Easter and Christmas etc. They flipped through them, while I made the salad. It was non-stop chatter though and laughter! We all ate. The conversation was great! They are extremely funny and nice ladies!

They were very lovely to bring a bunch of presents. Fabulous desserts. I wasn't expecting them to bring anything. But they did and I was very pleasantly surprised. How absolutely polite and wonderful! And the treats in the front....one says peanuts and the other one says strawberry. One of them actually brought a whole entire box of them and they were to die for, they were so yummy! Tulip shaped butter cookies, castella (sp?) and even homemade, handcrafted chopsticks/hashi that apparently were made by a woman 100 years old! I just felt really overwhelmed to have them bring such wonderful gifts. I was truly wowed! : )

So, all in all. I really had a great time. I really like these ladies a lot, I consider them friends and I definitely will be having a get together in about a month and I plan to invite more ladies from the yochien as well. Maybe about 6 or 8 can come over next time. So anyway that was my little get together today! I had fun, I really enjoyed myself! : )

PS, sadly I didn't get into the picture. Since I had to be the picture taker, ha ha ha. But everybody already knows what I look like, so it really doesn't matter so much I guess, ha ha ha! : )