Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Yakitori tonight! : )


Noboru's working until midnight tonight so he won't be joining us for dinner, which is fine. I thought tonight would be a good night to make yakitori. Because kids love to eat anything on a stick! Ha ha ha!

Three chicken breasts, and a bottle of my favorite yakitori sauce and some yakitori sticks/skewers I bought from the 100 yen shop. And I started dinner.


Boneless, skinless white meat. I placed on skewers.


I poured the sauce on top and got everything soaked in pretty good. Then I put the lid on so they could marinate in the fridge while I got the rice made and veggies chopped.


Stir fry veggies on the right and chicken yakitori frying on the left. I really should buy a cheap little grill for indoor use huh? But oh well, this worked nicely and was quick for just the boys and I. Yup, see that clock? 5:10 pm and there I was still working and getting my kids meal finished. Us mom's, we may not get paid, but we sure do work hard though! : )


Chicken cooking up nicely and when it's finally 100 percent done, I will add more yakitori sauce!

Done. The boys and I ate. They both loved eating chicken on a stick, lol! Yakitori! They actually ate more this way, then they normally eat! We all ate by 5:45 pm. and I got the kitchen cleaned up and the dishes into the dishwasher by 6:00 pm. After that I felt exhausted really. So we all sat and watched TV for about 45 minutes, before I finally set the bath and we all got cleaned up and I finally earned my night of utter laziness and doing absolutely nothing! I loved it! The boys watched TV and played around the living room together, until they fell asleep and I carried each of them one by one to bed upstairs, but I just laid in my jammies and watched TV the rest of the night!