
Thank goodness we got a rental car! Therefore we weren't limited to just eating or being in Waikiki, if we didn't want to be. And since we used to live there we know where we are going. And it really does help. So, if any of you ever head to Honolulu, ask me, I know so much, I'll love to help! Same for Guam, I know a bunch and can help!
So anyway, we headed to the outlet's. Hoping it wouldn't be crowded but it was! The day after Christmas we woke up so early. Left the hotel by 7:20 am. Hit Denny's for breakfast. And hit the Ala Moana shopping mall. Plan was hit the Disney store and leave. We did just that! Then we went to Waikele. We got there around 10:00 am. Can you believe the parking lot was completely full? Crowds of people. Stuff flying off the shelves! So packed Noboru dropped me off and he and the kids went and parked the car across the street where the Old Navy is and Home Depot is, while I shopped. We did this because we had so many other stops to make and we really didn't want to delay anything, so while he parked I finished shopping in one store (Carter's) by that time.

See the sign? Waikele! Pronounced...why, kay lei. So we hit Waikele (hmmm, I really did live there for a few years I gather, lol)


So many tourists do not know about Waikele. There is a few trolley's that go to Waikele but I really don't recommend taking one. I saw a total full blown fight/argument between a man and his wife, both white American couple. They had bought so much stuff and had no way to get back to Waikiki. So much I doubt they could carry that by hand. Now, I caught the tail end of the fight, but he said, *you* bought too much stuff! She snapped at him and said, I told you we should have gotten a rental car!!!! Then she said let's take a taxi! Then he said, no way it was $40 bucks to Waikiki from the airport, no telling how much it would cost us from here!!!! So as they argued, I tried to act like I wasn't a nosy ass eaves dropper! Ha ha ha, sigh but I was! Noboru rubbing salt in the wound said to me when we were out of ears reach of course, he said....yeah they should have just rented a car woulda been cheaper! Anyway, the deals are good....definitely bring a car with you!
Here's Noah sleeping in the car on the way home from shopping at Waikele.
Japanese women everywhere. They shopped til they dropped. Sotra makes my little groceries and toiletries sound like tiddly winks compared to their enormous bags of stuff!!! Ha! : )