
So, all the little kids started wearing navy blue sweater vests as the weather has been so chilly and downright cold! Since Branden didn't attend this school last year, we didn't know, so I had to run to Nishimatsuya to find one. Clearly I was out of luck there! They had 130 cm but as I needed a size 120 cm, I knew I better head to Apita. So Noah and I headed there. And I was in luck, I found a plain navy blue vest exactly what the school recommended. Phew! : )
Oh and the school also informed me, that during the Christmas recital, plain white undies are mandatory! No characters allowed at all. What a weird request, especially since nobody would be seeing their undies anyway. Hmmm! Errr, okay! I got them. Still wondering why it matters, but I got them any way. : )

There's a cute little store on the second level that sells Spongebob stuff. I hoped they sold a metal Spongebob obento box, but they didn't. Bummer. But on the bright side they had a different/new Spongebob chisai towel/handkerchief. Kids use these in Japan and if you have kids, you probably have a huge assortment of these. We have tons, 2 Cars ones (the movie Cars), 3 different Spongebob's and Elmo, and 5 different Thomas ones and a Buzz Light-year. Just many and they are cheap. This one was only 115 yen. I also got him a cute mask, ha ha ha! Yup in Japan, not only do we wear masks to protect our kids and ourselves from germs. Or to stop spreading germs, if your kid is the sick one. But you can also find cute ones like this one. This one has a cute little car on it and it was only like 98 yen. So not too bad of a price at all. I put Branden's name on both of these things, and he is now taking the mask with him to school and uses it if he wants.

Then I went looking for a metal lunch box. Now again, Different school means different rules. At our last yochien, plastic lunch boxes were okay to be in the winter lunch warmer, it was up to the parents either way. Because the plastic lunch boxes are safe to be placed in the warmer, during winter time but, yes they will get a bit warped by the heat but just slightly. This happened to ours last year. However, yesterday, the teachers mentioned that some kids plastic lunch box was ruined last week and all contents of their lunch as well, what the hell? Yikes! So they are now changing the rules at this school. And from now on, all kids are required to have a metal lunch box during winter! Not a choice, it's a rule! Sigh, ha ha ha! So, I said, okay. And so today, I looked at Nishimatsuya first when I was there for the vest, they had only a Hello Kitty one and the rest were all plastic ones! I checked Apita and the selection was so slim! They had Ultra Man X and that gokiburi/cockroach character looking thing, the Mushi King and Thomas. Branden's not into Ultraman yet. And the Mushi King, thing, totally yucks me out! Ha ha ha, sorry if any of you are into him. : ) So, Thomas was the one. Granted he's sorta outgrown Thomas, but Thomas is fine, everyone likes Thomas. So Thomas it was, especially considering the selection was so slim!
The price of Japanese obento boxes is high anyway, but the price of the metal ones. Absolutely ridiculous price! Plus including the elastic band to keep it closed that you have to buy separately. It's about $20.00 US/2,000 yen when you buy both the metal box and the band. And if you knew how small these obento boxes were, you'd really think the price was even worse! Ha ha ha! : )