Thursday, November 16, 2006

Just thinking out loud here.

A week from now, both Noboru's family and my dad will be here at our house. My dad is arriving in Narita on Wednesday. Noboru already made sure to have the people working the counters to upgrade my dad's seat in the system. Thank goodness for him working for an airline. He also went inside the Guam airplane yesterday after they landed and told them his father-in law, was going to be on the airplane such and such date and told them my dad's name. The 2 female American flight attendants wrote the name down and will be keeping an eye out for my dad, ha ha ha. My dad is bringing a few things for me that I asked him to bring from the US. So he's coming with comforts of home in his suitcase, can't wait for that.

I have to buy...whipped cream. The pumpkin pie...again I prefer a homemade pie but with that many people, I think I'll just buy a Costco pumpkin pie, because they are enormous and we need enormous, ha ha ha.

I've got to go to Costco this weekend. Chiba New town probably today. And I also want to run to Kaldi. So many things on my "to do" list that I'm going bonkers here just trying to figure it all out! But in a good way though...it's actually really cool that so many people will be here and looking forward to the meal. I'm looking forward to it a lot.

I'm thinking for the main meal we'll have, obviously a turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes. All those basic things are no trouble at all. Pretty easy peasy type stuff. The pie is easy, lol it better be... it's premade from Costco.

Tracking down the Ready Whip, in the can is going to be a total bitch (whoops sorry), but I think it's available in Chiba Newtown, and I'm also thinking of making a salad which I will certainly do. Bread, of some sort. And a veggie is easy. But I'm thinking about...making a batch of brownies and buying a gallon of vanilla ice-cream from Costco and hot fudge sauce and sprinkles and nuts and stuff and making hot fudge brownie sundaes for everyone as well. That way the kids can all have a choice between pumpkin pie and fudge brownie sundaes, yumm! Now keep in mind....I might have to eat some of each, ha ha ha. Oh well, it's a holiday, I can do it without any feelings of guilt, ha! : )

I also gotta get all the sandwich fixings bought. Swiss and mozzarella cheese, croissants and also bread for yummy sandwiches.

My mind is really going in over drive here....So much thinking and doing and so little time.

Olives gotta have olives for Thanksgiving as a presnack thing (kids putting their fingers into the olives and ending up with olive fingers ha ha ha) and chips and dip....ahhhh! I'm basically going to be running around like a chicken without my head until Wednesday. And then that's when I will start all the tons of cooking after 10:00 pm when the kids fall asleep! I am thinking we will start our Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday around 2:00 pm -3:00 pm. Why? Because we can have an early dinner. Clean up. And then around 7:00 pm...it's turkey sandwich time! Wooohooo!

I'm really getting excited about my dad coming! I can't wait! : )