
Hai~!!! Before the race they said each child's name. Last name first and then first name. That's the way they do it in Japan. Each child replies, hai! Sorta in a, yes it's me or I'm here! Sorta way! : )

I didn't care for Branden and Aoi-kun being competitors at all! I had no idea. I wondered if Rie-san knew in advance, since she is at the PTA meetings all week long. She mentioned Branden had been coming in #1. I didn't know he was racing her son though....our most favorite little guy, Aoi! Ouch, talk about feeling very awkward!

The four boys seconds before their race!
Branden took off like a rocket. The kid is just fast. Super fast actually!

All the people who came in first got to go around the gym in something called a "winners lap". Branden is walking the winner's lap and is the 3rd person from the top. The person right behind the girl in the red hat. We were very proud of Branden! : )