Our entire family slept in until a little bit past 10:00 am. Oh yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about! Ha ha ha! : ) Feeling really refreshed. Noboru got dressed and headed to work with a big smooch from me and a tiny kiss from both the boys! The boys and I on the other hand were going to go get some yummy goodies for our Saturday we planned to stay at home! Here's a pic of my oldest son, Branden. We were on our way to Apita to go get some grub! Ha ha ha! : )

Here's my youngest son Noah! He's also ready to go get some food for our lazy Sunday at home! I hope they will remember these fun and relaxing weekends of ours when they are older!
Tonight's dinner! Some very lean steaks! I'm lucky because the Japanese love steaks with tons of fat in them. Yikes! I've actually seen some steaks with *so* much fat in them, that the steaks actually and honestly look more like SPAM then beef, blech! However if you prefer lean steaks then they are very affordable in Japan! I also sometimes like to buy the T-bone steaks at Costco but they gotta be lean or I won't buy them. This meat was really tender and I sprinkled black pepper and garlic and garlic salt on them and they were ready and flavored by the time dinner rolled around. Man they were great! I also bought potatoes and some cheddar for some cheesy butter baked potatoes. The Kraft cheese had nothing to do with our dinner, I just had to get that for this week's sandwiches for Branden's lunches this coming week.
As the boys and I were getting out of my minivan. We all smelled donuts in the air. Before Branden could even mention the donuts. I said, "those donuts sure smell good, good thing we will be buying a whole box of them before we leave here" Branden said, "oh mommy, really?" I said yup! Oh man, it's times like these, that I get such a kick out of being a mom! : )

We bought a dozen donuts. Granted 12 weren't in there by the time we made it home, but that's because the others were those tiny donut holes that the boys ate on the way home in the car! Ha ha ha! But we had a whole box of donuts that all of us munched on all afternoon and night long! Yumm! The two plain donuts, the old fashioned ones on the right were Noah's. He's only allowed to eat the ones without frosting and all the extra sweet stuff. But it's okay the plain cake ones are sweet enough for him, especially since he's only 1 year old. I don't want him eating too many sweets! Even though they both get a proper teeth brushing twice a day anyway! Yes I know it should be 3 times a day, but my kids do just fine, with it being twice a day, as I do a very thorough job. And Branden's already been to the dentist twice from the preschool/yochien check ups that the school has, for the entire school and each time the dentist says he has absolutely flawless perfect teeth! He really does, Noah too! : )
And hey, a weekend wouldn't be complete if I didn't take the boys to Mc Donald's. Branden got the cheeseburger happy meal (as we say in the US) or happy set as they call it in Japan, ha ha ha! Noah got his own cheeseburger, because this little 1 year old, can certainly pack the food in! He also shared fries with me, since I got a large fry. We both got iced teas. And I got the grilled chicken sandwich set/combo with fries. Noah had some 10% peach juice from home. We all had a good lunch. Man Mc Donald's really tastes great once in a while doesn't it? LOL. And then we all had our own donut and watched some DVD's.
Here's dinner. Branden and Noah had the same thing I did. Noah didn't have the salad though. But Branden did, he loves the goma/sesame dressing like I do.. It was a delicious dinner. And sorry I like my steaks cooked super well done. I can't eat anything with blood or pink showing. I'd faint right over if I saw that! Ha ha ha. So all my stuff is always well done. It was a perfect Saturday. 100% relaxing. Bath time followed supper time. We also had a big bowl of microwave popcorn after bath time and watched TV for a while. Both the boys were fast asleep by the time Noboru came home at midnight. He'd eaten dinner at work with his coworkers and brother. So we sat watching the Discovery channel for a while before going to sleep. We headed upstairs around 2:00 am.
PS, Noboru told me last night, that this coming Monday is some holiday here in Japan. And that Branden doesn't have school and also the swimming school will also be closed. So another laid back day is in our future for tomorrow! Oh, happy days indeed! Ha ha ha! : )
PSS, it's one rainy and cloudy Sunday, today here in Chiba. The boys and I are just hanging home and having one heck of a great time here! : )