Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch!


Today the boys once again played in the back yard in their small little inflatable pool with slide. They splashed and splashed away out back, while I sat on the terrace underneath our umbrella. We all came in, they got changed and I made lunch. I made two grilled cheese sandwiches all cut into toddler sized slices. And a plate of french fries.

Noah, I swear, he ate 3 slices of sandwich all by himself and about 6 fries. This kid eats more then anyone I've ever seen for his age, yet he's lean and mean and has no fat to speak of, go figure!

Branden ate about 4 mini sandwiches and about 12 fries. As usual, I ate the left overs. Ahh life as a mom, cough cough, I mean the human garbage disposal. Ha ha ha! : )

A brief update about Branden. Branden and I have been working on numbers lately. He can count to 50 all by himself. Obviously he knows the ABC's song already, since he was about 2 years old actually is when he learned that song. And I was going through the month's of the year with him as well today. I try to spend about 15 minutes each day going through things, I think he should know. If it's super important, we spend more time with it. But with it being summer and all. I don't want him to stress about this and just be a kid. But yes, we do study a pinch each day. He's knows the month's of the year. But he has not memorized them fully yet. He confuses November and February and when he is saying January February March, etc...he will say November where February should be, ha ha ha. So we are working on that at the moment. And for being age 4, he's not doing bad.

So after a pinch of study time. I read both of them a Spongebob book. And then I watched Branden play his Leapster game for a little while. This game is really good. It helps him with math and adding right now. His favorite character Spongebob, shows him two handfuls of change and asks him which hand has a larger amount. Or it asks him to give Spongebob 68 cents for example and he has to get each coin, some are pennies and some are nickels, and quarters etc. he has to add it himself! I love playing this adding/counting game with Branden, it's one of our things we love doing together. And he is working on shapes right now as well. It's goes beyond, a square and circle and stuff. It's like octagon, semi circle, obtuse and so on. He's got it and he's actually really good at this. He's working on the hardest level right now.

No swimming school this week, because it's obon this week. And I'm not able to go to Costco this week. Shit! However we have to go next week or else. Because we are having company on August 26th and the August 28th, so we have to go before then.

Jun called us today. He told Noboru some big news! Jun and his wife are having a baby! Yes, they are due at the end of march. I'm just thrilled. He's such a wonderful brother in-law and the best uncle to our two boys! He shows up for Branden's undokai/sports day. He's really wonderful! I am so happy for them! : )

And at this rate, I don't think we will be going anywhere for obon. : ( We really wanted to, but with Noboru having to work (he doesn't have off for obon at all, since he works for an American company, sigh) and we'd only be able to stay one night and driving or staying someplace far, would be out of the question. We sorta came to that conclusion the day we went to Akihabara. So we scratched that idea out. Bummer! However, Noboru requested his days off, September 4th through the 8th, and if he gets his days off, we will pop over to Guam. So please wish us luck that he gets his days off. We've been wanting to go somewhere, do something. Ha ha ha! Hopefully he gets his days off in September! : )