Friday, May 26, 2006

Our Friday at the immigration office in Chiba and also frog catching! : )




We went and renewed my visa. Gee, that's always just *so* much fun! Ha ha ha. Honestly it was a total snoozer. But yet it had to be done, right? I was # 110. And they on # 94 when I got there. Which roughly translates, that I spent a good hour and a half there! I made a big meal at home, right before we left and also brought the kids a bunch of snacks so they could munch on them during the long wait time.

We also spent most of our time outside while waiting for my number to be called. I figured It would be good so, I could let Branden run around outside and get all his extra energy out of his system out there . I went inside to check the numbers once in a while though. Time went by much more easily outside.








We went and ate at a Chinese restaurant on the way home. Oh it was so delicious! It was still bright and day time by the time we got home, so Noboru and Branden took advantage of us, living in the Japanese country side and did what typical father's and son's do and went frog catching together! Ha ha ha! I actually don't mind them frog catching anymore and sorta think it's cute now! And it's good that Noboru and Branden have a good father and son thing to do and look forward to every week! They go frog hunting about twice a week in the field's behind our house. They both changed their clothes into their comfy clothes. And threw on their rain boots, grabbed Branden's simple 100 yen net and his cheap 100 yen frog box. And went out back. They caught one frog and 1 tadpole. They released them the next day! : )

PS and yes, the big American import house pictured in the background of the frog catching pics, is my house. It's really quiet and peaceful where we live. The pace of life is slower and we appreciate that. The air is fresh and clean. It's a great place to let our kids grow up. And we have a big backyard the boys, can always play in. Plus the view of all the greenery is really quite breath taking, if I don't say so myself. : )