Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Update from last month.


Okay, okay sorry for not posting on my very own blog for so long. But I've been hellishly busy. I will try to give you all a very condensed version of it all.

I went to Denver with the intention of my dad selling his house. Which he did. We somehow managed to sell his house and get all of the contents of said house all sold. And the things we wanted to keep, we had shipped to Japan. We didn't keep much except a couple boxes of family photos that are huge in sentimental value for us. I'm actually quite proud of myself for us getting everything sold and finished in the three weeks time that I had. My husband flew there the final week and my husband and myself and the two boys flew out a day early and my dad flew out the following day. He's been in Japan and so have the rest of us for only about 8 or 9 days, so we all haven't been home very long. We've all just barely gotten over our jet lag really.

My dad is probably going to hang out here with us, for the next month and he is planning on getting himself a new place in either Guam or Hawaii. He's still deciding which island he plans to live out the rest of his retirement yet.

As busy as I was, I managed to still do some absolutely killer shopping in Denver. I bought a ton of clothes for both my boys as usual (what's new lol). They got many pairs of sandals. And I bought Branden's shoes for the wedding in Denver as well. I also bought them many floppy little boy gilligan type hats. Branden got a ton, and I do mean a ton of Nintendo DS games (Dora the Explorer, a Cartoon Network racing game with Courage and Johnnie Bravo, Spongebob game and others. He also got some new DVD's like the new Spongebob movie on DVD and the Chicken Little DVD, that just got released a few days before I left Denver. Geeze, I can barely remember what all my boys got, but they got tons!

At DSW shoe warehouse I got myself two gorgeous pairs of shoes, one a ballerina type flat but with a slightly different twist which I just love and a cool pair of Ralph Lauren flip flops with the polo horse on the front of the flip flop. I also got two bottles of Olay sensitive skin face lotion and a new bottle of face wash by Olay that just came out, it's apparently a face wash and toner in one and I actually really dig this! I got tons of undies and a night gown. And I got three new pairs of capris, two pairs are jean capris (one has a few flower embellisments on them and they sorta got that beaten up or distressed look, is that the right word? The other pair looks new and has a huge cuff at the bottom of the capris, I love these!) and one pair is a black pair of capris ( I bought my capris at Old Navy). And I also bought two bottles of nail polish, at Target if I remember correctly.

Last but certainly not least, I bought a brand new vacuum from Target, it's a Hoover and it's totally kick ass! We love it and it's cool looking and works like a champ! And it was only $99.00 US can't beat that price and it's got a hepa filter and it's bagless. I also got a Hoover carpet steam cleaner, yup I can wash my very own carpets now yippy! This was also only $99.00! And I am so absolutely over the moon that my husband works at Northwest Airlines, because he gets the best shipping, we shipped both our vacuum and steam cleaner for only $40.00 and that's for both of them!

I also bought tons of Easter stuff! As usual, I really went all out! I will post more about that another time.

What else? We are getting ready for Branden to start yochien. His uniforms cost us a whopping 45,000 yen! Utterly expensive and ridiculous. But a couple people told us the school he is going is more along the lines of a prep type school or a more snooty type school. LOL, oh brother, I hope we don't end up hating this school. Because I dislike snooty mentality to no end!

And Jun is getting married tomorrow. So about 35 of Noboru's side of the family will be staying at a very expensive hotel near Disneyland, us included. He's getting married near Disneyland at some chapel. We will all stay the night at a hotel tomorrow night and the following day, on Friday we will all be going to Tokyo Disneyland! Yahoo!