



Today was opening ceremony day. Everything was awesome. The mom's seemed okay. As usual an English speaking Japanese mom "adopted" me, as it's pretty typical to have a Japanese women take the lone western mom under her wing and befriend her at yochien. She was quite nice and gave me her house phone number and her cell number.Turns out her family once had an American exchange student and it turns out the student came from Colorado ha ha ha! What a total coincidence. This mom also lived and studied in the UK for a year and a half and used to work at Japan Airlines. It was nice to meet her actually. There are only 20 kids in his class. And he has only two teacher's, one speaks a bit of English too. A few other moms, tried quite hard to speak a bit of English with my dad and I as well. And in return we used a hodge podge of Japanese mixed with English to communicate back with the other mom's and dad's. Noboru is lucky as he can just get away with speaking Japanese, since it's his native language to begin with.
Her are a few pics of my boys on opening day and a few pics of the school's priest and a few pics from the classroom.
One little girl was crying during the ceremony and my heart broke for her! I remembered how hard it was on Branden last year for the first week or two, when he first started school for the very first time last year. And though, he is fine this year, with absolutely no problems of going to school, in fact he looks forward to school. I couldn't help but have tons of sympathy and or empathy for her and her parents. I recalled how hard that was on my own kid and how hard it was on Noboru and I last year. I remembered how I cried one day in my minivan last April, as I drove home after dropping him off at school, last year too because it was so tough! I honestly cried the entire way home, it was tough leaving my son at school when he was crying for me not to leave him there, yet I had to walk away and leave him anyway because the sensei told me to! My heart really broke for that little girl and her parents. I can see now, how the little girl at the ceremony will adjust to school just like Branden did last year! But during the time of it, it seems just so hard to overcome! Gambatte to that little girl and to her parents! Everyone at my house will be cheering her on! And hoping this to shall pass! : )