Dad found a wonderful condo on a tropical island, like he has been looking for! He ultimately chose the island of Guam, only because it's only a three hour flight from Japan and plus it's still the good ol' USA, well a common wealth actually, but it's no different then the US at all, and still has all the amenities to make my dad's retirement wonderful! The island itself has two shopping mall's that have Macy's, Ross Dress for Less, Anne Klein, Nine West, and two different movie theater's, Taco Bell, Carl's Jr., Burger King, a "real" Denny's and a Kmart and much much more.
His condo has a secured gate to enter and a security guard is on call all the time. It's got a killer ocean view and the condo itself is in a *very* nice middle class area. His condo also has a private swimming pool, and a large BBQ area for bbq'ing and a nice playground, which will be great for when the kids and I go to Guam, they'll have some place to play at!
He will be leaving Japan this Saturday! We will be very sad that he's leaving. I admit, I have loved getting all the extra help around here with the kids. I've also loved his company and just him being around and getting to spend some quality time with my dad. However it will also be so nice that I won't have to have such a long flight to visit my dad anymore. So that's a big bonus to me and also if he ever needs me, he knows, I am only a three hour flight away and can be there in a heart beat! And we all know with dad's horrible heart attack, he had last year, my dad living closer to me gives me a great deal of peace of mind and him too! Anyway, I'm glad he found a condo, he truly loves, because he deserves to have a wonderful retirement! : )
!->