

Branden and I had leftovers for lunch. Which means we had yummy tacos for lunch! Noah had some mashed up banana and a baby senbai (rice cracker for those of you in the US, sorry). Meanwhile it started snowing this afternoon during lunch time. It started out with a light sprinkle, but it has grown into quite some snow! Nothing as far as snow on the ground as of yet. But it is really starting to come down, even as I type this! Our house is wonderfully warm with us having central heating! Each and every room of the house is piping hot and cozy warm! The house is always at a constant 70 degrees to 75 degrees. We could make it warmer, if we up the degrees but this is what we like and what's comfortable to us. I actually could wear shorts in the house it's so warm, but I'm not, I'm wearing fleece black yoga pants and a long sleeve t shirt (one of my usual house outfits ha ha ha). It's so nice to finally have a house like what I was used to growing up in America. No more freezing cold rooms and one warm room with the air con heater on type stuff! Which was what our old house was like and how most of Japan deals with things. Also, our floor heating is amazingly warm, my feet are actually warm touching the floor, as I type this. And because the house is so air tight we hardly use too much energy keeping the place warm anyways. What a blessing.
I'm enclosing pics of Branden this afternoon while we were eating our lunch. And also the weather thing that Noboru bought and loves! You can read how it's 32 degrees outside, which we all know is freezing! And the humidity outside is a whopping 86%. Besides being snow which is frozen water in the first place, it's hellishly humid outside. Which makes it feel even colder then 32 degrees outside. It's *very* cold outside, no kidding! But if you look at the temp inside our house, you'll see it's actually a nice toasty warm 71.6 degrees (it now says it's 72 degrees as I'm typing this) and it's so dry in the house. It reads it's only 20% humidity in the house. Which that's actually drier then Denver's dry air. Noboru told me, at this rate, we will probablyNEVER grow mold in this house! It'll be pretty hard to do with it *this* super dry air! And no, it's not so dry that we will suffer dryness or anything. It's a very nice comfortable dryness, that I really love.
I'm not sure what I'm going to make for dinner tonight. I got plenty of everything in the freezer, and fridge and cupboards. I'm thinking chicken teriyaki but I'm not sure yet. I just got done watching Cruel Intentions on my satellite tv. And I got my final load of laundry drying in the laundry room upstairs. Since we are new customers to satellite, we get two full weeks of every channel available for us to decide. We pretty much know the package we will get already, since I read about it at one of my online groups and plus Noboru heard the same thing at his work. But until then, we are totally enjoying all these channels! I especially love the Horror channel! Ha ha ha. We usually watch scary movies together, just Noboru and I, after both the boys go to sleep after bath time is done! Ha ha ha.
Noboru is off work today and tomorrow. But since he worked the night shift, he is upstairs sleeping under the blankies dead asleep! Ha ha ha.
Life is good. We are all so super really happy. Happy living here and the pace of life is nice and no more horrible traffic. The air is so unbelievably clean and fresh! No more seeing drunken Japanese business men urinating down along the sidewalks, like how it was in the busier city, where we lived before this. The big back yard is good for the kids. Every day since we moved here, first thing Branden does is gets his coat on and his shoes on and mittens and he runs out to his own backyard and plays to his hearts content! He's all fenced in, so I feel comfortable about that. And it's really a hell of a lot safer raising our kids here, then in a bigger city. He rides his own bike and slides down his own slide. He runs and runs and rides around. We all know, kids need lot's of room to run and be free and play and be silly, they need big open spaces to grow and learn and scream and shout and sing and dance. He gets to do all that now and in our own back yard none the less! There's nothing behind our house but grass and farm fields and it's not zoned for anything else. It'll probably always be like this, which is why we wanted to live here. Life is just super! Noboru is so happy! And so are the kids especially, and so am I!
The quality of life is just something that can't be beat for living in Japan. Our house is 115 or 120 square meters, I think. I realized I was under sizing it by mistake last time and if you wanna get technical about it and total our front porch and back terrace, since yes, it's technically part of our house too, then it's 162.9 square meters total for just our house from front to back!!! (basically *163* square meters, come on, you all know that's huge, especially for us living in Japan!). And our total land size is 356 square meters total. So It's actually a wonderful quality of life we are having. With lot's of nature.
Anyway, I'm starting to blab away too much, so I'm ending this now and going to watch something on TV.
Love to you all,
Gina