



Noboru has one of those wonky shifts tonight. He works until midnight. Which means the boys and I will eat dinner alone tonight. Sometimes this is nice, because it means less work and one less person to cook for, but sometimes, it also means less help with the kids during dinner and no help cleaning up after supper. I drove to the store this afternoon with the boys and picked up something for dinner for the boys and I. Hmm, I got a ton of food in the freezer and cupboards and fridge, but I just wanted something fast and different (yet not exactly wanting fast food if that makes sense still cooked at home is what I mean). In Japan, most grocery stores, have meat chopped up and marinated in all sorts of different types of sauces in the meat section. I really love this about Japan. You can find chicken teriyaki, or ginger pork or whatever already made and marinated in the meat section and somedays, that really is a blessing. I found something that looked different and sorta appealing to me. I found some white chicken breast meat with some dry curry powder and seasonings. This reminded me of a curry, that I used to get at a Chinese restararant in Denver. So, I thought what the heck, and got it and bought some veggies and planned to make some chicken curry stir fry with veggies for me. And for Branden, I found some sliced chicken breast with some seasonings, it read that it had a mayo flavor that kids love? Hmm, I never heard of this before! But, I figured what the heck! Let's try it and see! I bought a tiny broccoli for Branden.
Later that night, I cooked mine and his side by side. Branden got seasoned chicken and broccoli and rice. And some milk for dinner. Noah had some broccoli and one tiny piece of mayo chicken minced up and mixed with some rice (I mashed it for him), and I had the curry stir fry. It came out pretty good.
I managed to get dinner made, and set the bath and got both boys all washed up in the shower and bath. We all sat and watched TV. The boys fell asleep and I carried each one upstairs one by one. And then I laid on the couch by myself totally vegging out and relaxing until Noboru got home. He said, he ate at work but he did sniff around the kitchen looking for any sign of left overs. Sure enough there were leftovers of each. Noboru ate the leftover mayo chicken and he loved it!
It's so nice being home. Our nice, boring, peaceful life, lol.