Okay so we go to the old house yesterday to meet with the company we rented the place from. They needed to walk through the place and make sure everything was up to check and then we give them the key back and we sign the final papers etc and we'd be on our way right? By the way we were planning to head to Costco, and the grocery store and a DIY center too. We have a bunch of stuff to buy for this new place. However you will see everything went to hell in a hand basket and the plan was totally messed up. Why? You'll see.
So the rental company is at our old house walking through with Noboru. Meanwhile I am in the car with both the boys. Because the house is freezing cold, so we were staying in the car to keep the kids warm and also out of the way. However when they got to the second floor, they opened a closet and everything was still in there! What the heck? Noboru came to the car and told me about it! He was so shocked! I was shocked too! He said the entire closet is full of our stuff! Like 6 plastic boxes full of boys clothes. Such as one box of all clothes marked 2T or 12-18 month's etc, ykwim. Stuff we would certainly never leave on purpose! Also part of our futon! Just the entire flipping closet was never touched at all! I was mad at Noboru because the day before he was in charge of the walk through. Because as usual I got stuck with both kids watching and handling all of that. Meanwhile only thing Noboru had to do was watch the movers and walk through the house, right? Wrong apparently he didn't cut the mustard because the movers forgot the closet and Noboru forgot it too! Hmmm! How could both forget the closet? I'll never know! Figures to leave this important stuff to men and they muck it all up!
So, yesterday the rental people, they didn't want the stuff in the house anymore. Which was totally understandable! Because it's not our place anymore! So, all our plans were canceled yesterday! We spent the entire day loading all the closet full of stuff in *our* own minivan!
This was not thrilling because, we have no pots and pans in the new house. We have no trash can! We have nothing! Because all our old pots and pans were so old they actually came from Hawaii, and they were generic to begin with! Plus the one cheap pan I bought here in Japan and that was thrown away too. So basically we need to start fresh and we couldn't buy anything yesterday at all. Even now we have no milk, no juice, nothing! We just couldn't do anything or get anything done because of the entire closet being filled with stuff!
Noboru called Saikai and told them. And they said he should have walked through better! Which is true. Noboru said he admits he was partially at fault because he should have checked better but he also said, being that big of professional moving company they should have caught that mistake too though. So, they did offer to bring it today! But, we had no time for that! Which is why we lugged all the stuff ourselves.
Also wanted to point out the packing ladies that came in the morning, they also left an entire drawer of clothes upstairs completely full! Lucky for me, I caught that myself!
So, would I recommend Saikai? Honestly, I don't know. I would just say, be careful and make sure they got and packed everything! Don't make the mistake we made! But then do this with any moving company. They did move quite fast though. Sorta like watching a video and then pressing the fast forward button on it. But the whole leaving the entire closet full of stuff just got me though.
So today our satellite TV was coming to be installed. But we changed that for tomorrow instead. Why? Because right now, we have to head out and go to Costco and the DIY store and the Maruei grocery store. Sigh, moving is not easy! But then I am sure all of you reading this know that already!
Anyway, please enjoy the story. It's true. It's terrible but it's true! Sigh! I don't want my blog to be all peaches and roses 24/7. And I don't want it to always be bad either. I just want my blog to be honest and if something crazy like the moving company left all our stuff, I will honestly admit it and if something wonderful happens I will post that too. I just want my blog to be real. And be honest! You are all my family and friends reading this and I'd think you wouldn't expect anything less, right? Ha ha ha.
Anyway I better hurry and go throw on some clothes so we can get as much as we can get done today.
!->