Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm back and all about the trip to Osaka (part 1)

I'm back from Osaka. Osaka itself. Wonderful, lively and busy, congested, crowded. People hustling and bustling everywhere! Which is nice once in a while but I'm glad we live, where we live, that would drive me totally nuts after awhile!

Noboru's extended family is wonderful. They rock! They are nice, very very warm and welcoming! They are genuinely nice people. So Noboru's grandma and aunt and her three kids (their father died a few years ago) the three kids are wonderful! Well behaved. Branden loves playing with all of them! I like playing with them. The food was great. He has a much bigger family, huge actually, but since we came on the weekday and most of them live farther away no one else could make it. But they are all wonderful though!

Oh yeah they also said, Yui-chan told her sensei today was her happiest day, because she could see her cousin Branden and he speaks English!!!

We then dropped off my mil at the house. And Noboru and me and the kids went to Umeda. We went to a Mexican restaurant (we used to go here, when we lived in Osaka), we figured it was Valentine's day so we wanted to do something semi romantic and as a family still. We had a real nice lunch and then we went to the Hankyu and I hit the MAC makeup counter. I bought another studio fix powder foundation and a brand new lipstick. I prefer the Chanel lipgloss, I usually use, but this color was new and a perfect color (a shade of red of course). I was surprised that the foundation costs 4,000 yen in Japan as opposed to the usual $17 or $18 dollar price I buy it in the US. But oh well, it was fine and it was Valentine's day, so Noboru bought them for me after he took us to lunch! He didn't complain at all, he also bought me some chocolates afterwards as well.Good guy good guy!

We ended up all going to the public bath, all of us, our family, my sil and her kids and my mil.