Wednesday, January 04, 2006

We went to Toys R Us in Makuhari last night




Yesterday in the evening after we dropped off my sil back at the airport, we went to Toys r us. We got each of the kids something small, with their large amount of cash they both got. We are going to hold onto most of the money and keep it in the bank that's especially money for the kids *only*. Like, I said they each got something small. Noah got a toy bar. And Branden got a carrying case for his Nintendo DS. They had a whole bunch of styles for carrying it, but I found a really cute sporty style and got him that one. He also got a protective thin layer of plastic, this thing protects the screen of the game itself (this was so cheap, like only 500 yen or something) and Branden picked his own toy and chose 2 magnet Thomas type trains, he actually got, Henry and Gordon.

Thoughts on Noah's toy bar. This was really difficult because they got 2 types of toy bars. One that is called a soft toy bar with soft plush toys that keeps toddlers 6 mos and older entertained. And then a harder toy bar for the same age, 6 mos and up. Both are actually great! I really had a hard time deciding because after careful thought and looking at each one of them like a million times. I decided neither of them was superior or inferior to the other. It all boiled down to personal choice. And I liked both. And they both have advantages. The soft bar is nice because it has a tiny mirror, which let's face it, all little kids like looking at themselves in the mirror, lol. And a tiny cloth book. Some of the soft toys make noises. Some light up. And if the baby hits himself up on it, he won't hurt himself.

The good side of the hard toy bar it's got good hard toys kids might like to chew on and play with too. I really liked both...hard and soft toy bars. They also were practically the same price maybe just 300 yen more for the soft toy bar, which is the one I got.

Noboru being a guy was no help whatsoever. But he said, get the soft one, cause it's electronic. And it makes noise and light up. Ummmm okay! Total guy, brain (anything that lights up or makes noise they think is a hit, lol)

In the end I went with the soft one, because...I put both of them up to Noah in the stroller and he grabbed for the soft one, two different times. Now, I usually will depend *on my own* decision but since I was so on the fence, on this and liked both so much equally anyways. That's how I decided on that. : )

Thoughts on Branden's Thomas trains. Hmmm, Branden has mostly all the battery operated Thomas trains. Boco, Mean clamp train, Thomas, James, lady, Diesel, Edward, Gordon, and so on, to infinity, I think. He also has a good deal of the magnet ones as well. Not as many magnet ones as he has the battery ones, but he has about 8 magnet ones at least. He was missing these two guys, so which is why he wanted them last night. And we said yes.

I'm counting on Noah to be into Thomas trains when he gets older since most kids in general like him (thomas) eventually anyways. So, hopefully with two kids using these, they will be a good investment since they both will be playing with them eventually anyways.