Sunday, January 08, 2006

Update on Branden...he said what???



So much to update on him. Where to even begin?

He is such a good kid. I seriously mean that and not just because he's my own kid either. I say it because it's 100% true!

In December right before Christmas break. Noboru told me some older kid was bullying a classmate of Branden's. His last name is Sugei, I think, And Sugei is really short, like 2 inches shorter then Branden. But he is a good kid and very outgoing. Anyway some older boys were bullying Sugei. And Noboru was dropping off Branden. And he said he saw Branden stepping in front of Sugei. To block Sugei from the older boys! So, he basically protected Sugei. He always protects other kids from getting bullied. So he has a good heart and is very kind, Branden is *very* popular at school, but he is the protector of the underdog.

I always tell him not to be rough with girls. And be especially nice to kids younger then him. And he does and is. However by the same token, I don't want him to be a wimp either. I mean he still is a boy for crying out loud! So, I also tell him, if a boy is mean or rough with him and is the same age or older.....then he has every right to defend himself. And if some other/older boy hits him first, then he is more then allowed to hit back as long as the other kid started it. I'd like to say I am a hippie and all peace and whatnot. But hey...if some boy wallops on my boy, I want him to be strong enough to stick up for himself and he knows it. So, while he does stick up for himself, he is no bully. He is basically just a well rounded boy. He doesn't go looking for trouble like I've seen other kids do, and he won't go crying to mama either, just cause he starts stuff, he can't finish. He can handle himself and I am happy he can! Good kid...good kid!

All of you know he got a DS game system. And wow, I am really happy I bought this for him! It plays both games, Gameboy Advance games and also the DS games, so we can double our playing, by being able to use and play two different types of cartridges. He is so good at Mario Karts. Noboru likes playing the DS and , so do I. So it is really nice. I ordered him 3 games the other day. And by the email I got from Target.com, they were shipped already and should get to dad's house soon. Branden somehow thinks they are going to be here in Japan any day! I keep telling him...no, they didn't even get to grandpa's house yet! LOL. I guess, he can barely wait for the new games to get here.

He drinks milk milk milk all day and night long. It's his beverage of choice. We got coke in the fridge, yet the kid asks for milk! Geeze, he certainly will NEVER need a vitamin D supplement anytime soon! LOL.

As soon as we move to the new house. And things calm down and we come back from Osaka and Denver. We are going to start Branden in a soccer league. Why? Because out of all sports he seems most interested in this one. Also Noboru played soccer from elementary school all the way to high school. So he is quite good himself. Noboru has been kicking our soccer ball around with Branden since last year and he is very good at it actually. He just uses *only* his feet at this young age (which obviously it's the way it's supposed to be, lol) and is quite accurate at hitting his mark. Noboru also did motorcross all through elementary and high school, but I won't even consider letting Branden doing that! Too dangerous! And also Noboru also did hockey as well, but again....I think it's too dangerous. So, since we both agree with soccer and plus Branden seems really taken with it. Probably this summer he will be joining a soccer club for his age.

He knows his ABC's completely and knows the song by heart. Has for a long time now, so maybe that's not too much news. He is starting basic adding. These are things I teach him and go through with him when we are at home. He also cleans up after himself which I am sure his future wife will thank me for in the future! LOL. After supper, I make him take his own plate to the trash can and scrape it down and then put it in the sink. I may have two boys, but they certainly won't be lazy blobs, who just lay on the floor and expect to be served 24/7! They are learning to be helpful and not lazy! He also helps me chop and prep food for supper. Granted I give him just a plastic dull butterknife to chop with and usually just toss the ones he has cut into the trash, when he's not looking! But I find it gives him great self esteem! And he likes being helpful! To me this is quiet important.

His favorite cartoons are. Mr. Bean on Cartoon Network, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Billy And Mandy, Franny's Feet, Kids Next Door, Ed, Edd and Eddie (this is the only cartoon I really hate btw) Tom and Jerry, Pink Panther, Dexter's Laboratory, and House of Mouse on Disney channel.

His favorite movies are at the moment and remember kids being kids this can change at any second. Chicken Little. Herbie Fully Loaded. And he likes watching Flubber on Disney channel, like last night.

Worst thing Branden has said at the moment? We were at the Outback Steakhouse last week, and some western guy and some Japanese lady were sitting next to us. Right next to us, actually like a cm away actually. Anyway.....so they are sitting at their table and we are at ours. Branden said. "Daddy, how come that guy has a really big nose and is talking English?" (yup he meant "speaking" not talking lol) At that second, it was a total dead silence. I swear you could have heard a pin drop. Noboru and I stared at eachother and I turned pale white. I usually don't find kids saying mean things funny or amusing at all! But, in all honesty, this guys nose was enormous! Thinks along the lines of Roxanne with Steve Martin! The guy was in his late 20's and already severely badly balding. And he thought he was a real Casanova with the Japanese ladies, you could tell. I also think they were on a date! So, yes while he was trying to be Mr. Cool, Branden said...that! As, I am American and most people in my family have big noses anyway, I can safely say this nose was abnormally huge! Even by comparing western standards, his nose was still oddly big!

What did we do? Well, I am usually good at just acting like I didn't hear it. But, I had to wrinkle my face a couple times because I had to stop myself from cracking up with laughter. So, I didn't laugh. I just pretended I didn't hear it. I figured me reprimanding him right there could open a Pandora's box and it could get worse. So, I figured if we could just drop it...hopefully we would all forget about it. Noboru wanted to laugh too, I could see it on his face. So, here we were both staring at eachother Noboru and I, both crinkling our faces trying to hold our laughs in. The man did look our way, so I know he heard it. I think he wanted to die of embaressment too, because of what Branden said. Geeze how embarrassing!

But when we got in the car...I certainly did tell Branden...those are *not* nice things you should say! You can think them, fine! And you can even, tell mommy about them after! But don't tell me, when they can hear you! Sigh! LOL!

Oh and he got 2 magnet trains last week. And he tells me....mommy Gordon is a maggot! I know kids often sound like they speak with an odd accent at times when they're little and I know that's typical. But...yeah! For the last couple days, he has been killing me with the old..."mommy, Gordon is a maggot!" I say....oh yeah? Gordon is a magNet huh? Hopefully he will say magnet perfectly soon. Because I wonder what you all in Denver, will say when Branden says Thomas or Gordon is a real maggot! Oh geeze, we don't have any friends, named Thomas or Gordon or anything right? If so, sorry he *isn't* calling anyone a little maggot. He is actually saying MAGNET! LOL.

PS, the pics are what I snapped of Branden today after our lunch. And, yes I certainly do proudly hang all of my sons artwork masterpieces from yochien! I'm his biggest fan! LOL, I am just so crazy for both my boys. Proud mommy here! : )