We went furniture shopping today. I actually found a couch set that I'm totally in love with. I was originally looking for an L shaped couch, and in some ways still am, but this one is just absolutely gorgeous and it literally took me by surprise! I knew what I have been looking for and know what style and what type of coloring I want and what I don't. And this was exactly and I mean exactly what I've been looking for. The coloring will be absolutely gorgeous for my new house. I went and looked at it a couple times while I was still there looking at other furniture, just to make sure and each and every time I still loved it, just as much as the first time I saw it! The coloring, the fabric, the style of the couch. Just all of it. And a plus is that it's an American couch, so it's not a tiny little mini Japanese sized short couch which is pretty much the norm at most furniture shops here in Japan. This couch is an American couch, it's from America, so it's normal sized. This would fit my house style best. The couch is not fancy and pretentious, it's just a country floral type couch. Very simple but very wonderful indeed! The price wasn't bad, but then again we want quality furniture. A couch that will last a good 5 or 6 years. Good solid furniture. I never got to do that with the house, we are living at now because we couldn't afford it and also we knew we would just be living here temporarily, so we just bought cheap/inexpensive furniture. Just the basics of basics type stuff we have now.
So, anyway I think I will start saving for the couch set and hopefully by April or May I can buy it. Same with the kitchen table, maybe in March I can buy it. We aren't in a big hurry to buy furniture because as long as we are moved into our new house, we know we aren't going anywhere. We'll be living there forever. So, there's no rush and whenever we can afford nicer furniture then heck....we'll buy some. But at least now I found a great one I really love.
We also went to Starbucks right after our furniture shopping, I had to get myself a hot caramel machiatto. And then we went to The Outback Steak House for dinner. We have a fantastic dinner there. Noboru used his birthday coupon and got a free steak dinner out of it and a free hot fudge sundae. The three of us, shared the hot fudge sundae and it was delicious (Noah's not allowed sweets like that yet). I had the Alice Springs chicken dinner, my usual meal, lol. And we had fried mushrooms for our appetizer. Branden had the chicken fingers kids meal. And Noboru and I, each had ceasar salads as well. And Noah had some of my cheese and butter baked potato and buttered bread.
!->