Friday, January 20, 2006

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! : )





It snowed in Chiba late last night and it's even snowing where I live right now still. Just lightly, but it's still coming down. I find in Japan at least in my case, most Japanese are pretty helpful regarding letting me know about weather related stuff. Or they like to discuss the weather with me. In the summer, you'd be amazed by how many people tell me "Atsui ne", it's hot isn't it. And in the rainy season how my neighbors tell me, tomorrow will be a typhoon go to the store! Ha ha ha! Good to have such on the ball weather knowledgeable neighbors and Japanese friends. My husband also like to make little weather announcements like this to me all the time too. But yesterday, wow! Everywhere we went, people were saying, "did you hear about the snow coming tonight"? Gosh at least 15 people honestly mentioned it to us. Just by the sheer number of how many people spoke to us about it, it sorta scared me a little. Or at least got me prepared for it's coming.

We went and got all the gas filled up for our heaters. Filled them all up. Bought about 4 nights worth of food and breakfasts and lunches. And waited. A small part of me went to bed thinking, wouldn't that be just so funny if nothing happened? Meaning no snow at all? LOL.

Nope, turns out they were all right. And it sure snowed a bunch. Heaps by Chiba standards. A pinch by Colorado standards.

First thing, when we woke up this morning Branden wanted to go outside and make a snow angel and a snow man! I took a few pictures of him making snow balls. I usually let him plop down and make a snow angel but not today, ha ha ha. We had to get breakfast started. He had fun playing in the snow for about a good 25 minutes. Where were his gloves? He didn't want to wear them. He said, he didn't want his gloves to get wet. Boys! Figures he'd give me some silly explanation. He has a Thomas cotton pair and a snow ski type pair that keep his fingers insulated, so I don't know what that was all about. But in anycase, he came inside and I made him some Swiss Miss Hot cocoa afterwards. And me a hot cup of coffee.

We made pancakes this morning. Branden helped me. They tasted great. I make pancakes once a week, only to switch things around from the typical eggs or cereal. Sometimes regular pancakes and sometimes topped with whipped cream and some thawed out frozen strawberries and some cream cheese. Yummm! But today it was just the regular old boring kind. But they were great.

For lunch we had pizza. Just cheap pizza bought at the store and we tossed it in the oven.

Noah had half a pancake for breakfast. Plain with no butter or syrup. But he did munch that half pancake! He loved it. We all did. Noah is asleep now and we three just finished lunch.I vacuumed the downstairs and the upstairs and that's all the house work I'm doing today! I got Branden's yellow Osh Kosh coat in the washer, washing as we speak.

Tonight, I'm making a pork roast, and doing something with potatoes, not sure if I will do baked potato or a more of a Sunday potatoes type thing, where they are cubed and boiled and then drained and salted and buttered and peppered. Hmmm, still thinking about what to do with the potatoes. Some veggie I'm sure, but so far the only thing I'm certain is, I know it'll be roasted pork but potato something and veggie something, lol.

I think I will rent a DVD tonight as well. And just stay home and stay warm. I'm so glad it snowed over the weekend and not the weekday, yahoo!