Saturday, January 21, 2006

Got milk? : )

One good thing about Branden going to yochien is they measure how tall your kid is every month. And how much they weigh. Now with weight, Branden is certainly in no danger for being a fatty anytime soon. He's thin. But he's healthy. He eats all the time. And I make sure he eats properly, that is what I'm a stickler about!

But I think he is going through a growing spurt at the moment. From December to January, he grew 1 whole CM. Even the sensei's mentioned this to us. Usually they write the height in the booklet. And while they did write it down in the booklet, they actually mentioned it to us, when we picked him up. They said, "wow he grew so much since last month!"

They have also mentioned to us at the teacher/parents conference. That Branden loves milk! They said he always requests a second milk and they oblige him every day. But many times he requests a third milk and they said they won't give him a third milk because they are afraid he will throw up. Ha ha ha. I understand and wasn't upset at all. I'm glad they give him 2 milks every day at lunch. Granted I was a bit shocked, he actually wanted a third milk as well.

But he's growing by leaps and bounds! And this is the crazy part. Lately around 11:00 am or even midnight. He will wake up from his sleep and say he is hungry. Noboru dislikes late snacking and says we shouldn't feed him so late. But he will actually start crying and tell me how he is starving (yk how kids grossly exaggerate everything and anything, lol) he's certainly not starving by any means. Now, you all know me, and yes I certainly do feed my son a big dinner, so even I am amazed he can be hungry. I tried calming him down and urged him to sleep only because, I know he has school in the mornings and I don't want him awake all night long. But he won't give up. He keeps crying and says he is hungry. Now as a mommy, it hurts me and breaks my heart to hear my child crying because of hunger! And it still blows me away by how just a few hours before, he was stuffed to the gills (and said he couldn't eat another bite or else he'd throw up, lol). So I, being the softy or easy parent, I walk him downstairs and usually fix him a midnight snack.

I will fix him a bowel of cereal and he drinks all the milk up. And then I make him brush his teeth again of course, Or, I'll make him a quick sandwich or heat him up some leftovers from dinner. He is really good about eating. He eats it quickly and sits in the kitchen at the table and then he brushes his teeth and goes off to bed. And he does fall right to sleep after the midnight snack. I spoke to dad about it and he says it's gotta be a growth spurt and he needs the extra food to grow taller. And I agree, which is why I am allowing this midnight snacking for now.

Also, he has woken up many times this month telling me his legs are hurting him. I remember when I was a little kid and the part underneath my knee cap was hurting me and my mom and dad would massage it to make it feel better. It was because I was growing. I know Branden is just going through a growing spurt at the moment now too and so now the role has switched and I do the massaging of the legs. My first born, is growing up and going through one heck of a growth spurt at the moment. And wow, 1 CM in one month (just 30 days)! Wow!