Saturday, March 25, 2017

My birthday...

March is my birthday month. March 22nd is my actual birthday date. I'm an Aries. I'm not into horoscopes at all... whatsoever... but in case someone's wondering, there ya go. LOL. Since it was my birthday month anyway...I just made sure I had a proper pampering a bit here and there all through the month of March. I had known Sephora.com (USA) ships to Japan for ages. However I have yet to place an order since I usually shop their actual store... when I'm in the states. But...ehh with it being my birthday month. I thought why not! I deserve it! : ) 
Just eyebrow products. Anastasia Beverly Hills products. And a pack of blotting papers. Dipbrow, a Brow Wiz and a brow pencil. And a brush with spoolie for using the brow pomade with. 


This isn't available in Japan and it wasn't even sold at the Singapore Sephora, not that we made it there anyway, but I did check though. So, I was happy to have placed my order. I received my order before Branden's JHS graduation. I say that... because I used some of these brow products on myself for his graduation on March 9th. 

Everyone seems to love the Brow Wiz and the brow pomade. I really don't ever hear talk about the brow pencil. And I have been using it since I received it and I love it. It's not waxy *at all* and it glides on and the color is a dead on match for my hair color. I have yet to try the Brow Wiz yet. 

Medium brown. The perfect ashy brown color that matches my hair color. 

Brow pomade in medium brown too. 

These smell like peppermint. And I will save these for summer. Japanese summers are very hot and I think this will be fantastic when summer hits : )

Love the brush and love the spoolie. Her (Anastasia's) spoolies are actually trademarked by the way. Like cult like status... her spoolies are! Hmm that sounded very Yoda-y didn't it? LOL.

What else did I get for my birthday? A new cell phone. Let me start off by saying. My cell phone I was using before this phone. Was so old. Like we're talking dinosaur status. Like way of the dodo type cell phone! So old...many of my apps wouldn't even work or run! LOL. This drove my husband and kids crazy! It drove them so nuts! For years...my husband said. Your phone is too old, let me buy you a phone! I was like..."nope, no thank you. As long as my phone can make calls. That's all I need." This drove everyone in my family absolutely bonkers. To be fair to me, I hate change. I start cooking dinner everyday at around the same time. I clean my house usually on the same days. Same day to clean Noah's room each week for example that sort of thing. Same day to clean the shower room twice weekly. I like and thrive on routine. That way...I stay very organized. It doesn't mean I don't have fun or anything though. But...I just like order and routine. So the thought of changing my phone and having all sorts of new buttons (okay not real buttons but ykwim) and apps. Hmm. Not exactly too appealing. But yep...I finally did it. And fwiw...the ONLY reason I changed phones is because my old phone was slowly dying and it got to the point that if I left my home and my phone was 100% charged and if I drove to pick up the kids from school it would be 10% charged by the time I'd get home. Considering it's a 5 minute drive form my house...ummm. The battery was dying... the phone was near death. So that's the only reason I finally changed phones. I have extended family who change their phones once a year.. just because they want the new model. And well...that's just not me. I keep my phone so long, too long. Like forever. : )

I bought a gold phone, I always knew if I were to ever get a new phone it would be gold. I bought an Android because I prefer Androids. And I bought one specifically with a super long lasting battery. Could be because I'm still recovering from the trauma of my last cell phone and it's short battery life, lol.

This battery lasts days and days and days on 1 charge. It even can power up other phones...which I wouldn't...but this battery is insane. And that's why I picked this one. I also didn't want to pick an expensive phone. Some phones now days are like 60,000 yen. Umm, no way am I spending US$600 bucks on a phone. I wanted to spend only 20,000 yen. And this was like a little over that but close to it. So, I was happy. It was affordable. The color I wanted they had and with a long battery. 

Noboru also purchased me a screen protector and a clear bendy case which I love. 

I love how my phone looks. But how do I like my new phone? Ummm...honestly? I love the new battery. But...it's too new for me still. I have so many apps and things that were not on my old phone. I guess...I'm still getting the hang of it. It will take me a long time to get used to this new phone. So, I like it...but I'm not used to it yet. Put it this way...on my old phone Noboru would LINE message me and I could pick up my old phone with 1 hand and message and reply within 30 seconds. Because the familiarity with my old phone was there. With this new phone? Noboru messaged me a few days ago and it took me a solid 5 minutes to reply. Because well for starters these new phones have ...fingerprint scans to unlock your phone so no one else can see your phone or read your messages but you. So, by the time I unlocked my phone with my index finger...and found the LINE app and clicked that...5 minutes had passed already. @_@  So umm, not quite second nature status yet. But I'm trying. 


So my main gift from Noboru this year for my birthday was a new phone. 
From my dad, I received electronic gift cards from Amazon.com (USA) and Old Navy.com and Gap (USA). And I will show you now what I picked. Also, many of the DVDs are too new and not able to ship but as soon as they can ship they will. I ordered the movie Fifty Shades Darker. 
I picked the movie A Dog's Purpose. This will flat out make you cry. And I can't wait until my copy gets to me. I'm so excited to get this.
Silence. A movie about missionaries who come to Japan and go missing. And I wanted to go and see this at the movies. However, it's 3 hours or so long? And nobody wanted to sit in the movies for 3 long hours. This drove me crazy...because this movie looks so good. And I really wanted to see it. It was available in English in the little city nearest me. However...nobody wanted to sit for a 3 hour movie. So...I was glad to order the DVD...that way I can see this at home. And pause it if anyone wants to go to the restroom or whatnot. : ) 
I like watching movies that show interracial relationships. I especially have huge respect for the couples from the olden days especially. Because it must have been super hard back in those days. I do own the DVD, Dragon the Bruce Lee Story that talks about Linda ( a white woman) marrying Bruce Lee. It's such a good story. And when I saw this commercial for this movie...I was like...wow. Stunned because it looked like a story needing to be shared. They were literally arrested for being in love. Interracial  marriage was flat out illegal in the old days. And this movie will be showing one couple and their story. I can't wait to get this DVD. 
I Am Sam, this movie is not new. But it's awesome. Sean Penn was brilliant in this. And I really wanted to have this in my collection. I also love the soundtrack to this. If I recall the whole soundtrack was Beatles songs. But by different artists though. 
Warmer weather is almost upon us. It's still frankly too cold for shorts weather and short sleeve weather in my part of Japan right now. But...I figured... might as well order a few pieces that will be appreciated and well loved this coming summer. I loved this cheeky black tee. And think it will go great with a pair of skinny bermuda length jean shorts and some low top black converse or flip flops.

These capri pants with draw string waist. The material is so light and will be so perfect once summer hits. And will be perfect in Japan since we dress a little more conservative and respectful in Japan. Meaning you rarely see folks in tank tops or booty shorts here. And if I were to take a flight, I could wear the Pardon my French top and these light weight capris and a distressed jean jacket and some flip flops or low top black converse and I'd be ready to go! : )
A navy blue top with cute ocean waves and I do love the beach, so I love this. And like the girl is wearing jean shorts I will probably wear mine with jean shorts or the navy shorts down below. 

Navy colored shorts. I own the black pair and tan pair of these exact same shorts already. I love these and I love the length... perfect for Japan. Can't wait to get these in preppy navy!
This black shirt is so cute. I also picked this tee in a color called berry smoothie. The bottom of the top is rounded. 

I also picked up the same capri drawstring pants in that airy material in army green. I got these pants on sale for $14 a pair. And a lot of my tops were on sale for US $8. 
Aha this is the top in berry smoothie. See the rounded bottom. It's super cute and having it in black and also this color will be great to wear with jean shorts this summer. The rounded bottom looks super feminine. : )

I also loved this green tee too. And with a pair of denim bermuda length roll up shorts this will be so cute. 

This top had so many likes and good comments. Everyone who ordered this... loved it so much. I too...am a very preppy dresser and with a pair of denim shorts and a pair of low top black converse...sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record here but...yeah this is going to be so cute. So yeah...I have 2 pair of denim shorts from last year and a pair of black shorts and tan shorts from last year that are still like brand new, so I will be wearing those plus adding these new pieces in too. : ) Slowly but surely. Warmer clothing ready...I'm getting there. Also the kids have been getting new summer stuff too, but their stuff will not be on this post...since this is just my birthday post. : )
Why did we fly back to Japan so early Tuesday morning? When we could have flown back Tuesday evening instead? Well because...Noboru was set to work on my birthday March 22nd. But...he had off March 21st, which is the day we flew back to Japan. So we had a family plan to go out for my birthday dinner Tuesday night versus Wednesday night. Which is more than fine. And because he had so many days to take off this month (Bran's JHS graduation, Noah's observation day, etc etc, I told him, not to take off for my birthday because the kids events were more important) Where did I pick to go for my birthday dinner? Jolly Pasta of course. : ) We started off with some appetizers of garlic bread. 

We each had a mini pizza that came with our pastas. We also each had a drink bar too.

We all ordered pastas. And we 4 talked and talked. Branden told us stories of karaaoke and we were laughing hearing so many funny stories. And we told him our Guam stories too. We ate. We talked. We laughed. And then we drove the 1 hour drive back to our town. This is called...living in *real* rural Japan. When everything delicious or good is hours away from where you live! Hahaha. : )

It was a day early but...we all had birthday cake. And my family sang so loud for me! I was laughing...that's how loud they sang! They're silly, they're funny and they always make me laugh. Ice-cream flavors..I almost forgot. Maple walnut and banana was the second flavor on my ice-cream cake. So anyway...that's the long and short of my birthday! It was wonderful! : )

Oh....I also went to the hair salon yesterday. I got 30% off since it is my birthday month, they sent me a postcard with the 30% off last month, for the month of March. That's why it is being mentioned in my birthday post. As you know my hair stylist is taking a 1 year absence due to her being pregnant. So, I am now just seeing any stylist who is available. I had a reservation yesterday morning at 9am. To get a Japanese thermal hair straightening. And a hair cut. My hair coloring, I am doing at home now and so far so good. I had a guy stylist yesterday. How do I like my hair? I love it. My hair is so super straight, so shiny and glossy and sleek. And my hair is all one length to my shoulders. I am so glad I got 30% off. Plus I needed to get my hair done before Bran's entrance ceremony. So now...my hair is all ready. : )