Saturday, October 29, 2016

Fall and Winter clothes shopping for the boys. Their Fall Haul...

October 15th, the fam-bam and I went to spend our afternoon getting a bigger jump start on some Fall and Winter clothes for Branden and Noah. Our first stop was Old Navy. Now, I have said it before but I better say it again, just in case any of you have missed it. Old Navy is leaving Japan forever this December. Old Navy decided to pull out of Japan completely. Sad for us here in Japan. However if you want to do any winter clothes shopping for your kids or for yourself before they leave. Go before they leave. You have about a solid month. From what I read...and some locations are closing up already. So, seriously if you need anything from there... before they leave, now is the chance. And of course, I don't think this needs saying but...clearly I have no connection to Old Navy or Gap other than....I shop there. I'm a consumer. I get no kick backs for mentioning it. It's just...if I can help someone by giving any of you a heads up. Then it was worth it for me to waste 2-3 sentences to let ya'll know. : ) Just... if I can help other foreigners with info...by all means. I will try my best! : ) Anyways...back to our day. October 15th, we drove to Old Navy in Tsukuba. I have 2 Old Navy's near-ish to me. One in Inzai/Chiba New Town however I find it smaller and the clothes and store itself..are hard to shop there. Everything seems so compressed and the lay out of their racks etc just drives me nuts! And I worked retail at a clothing store all through high school! I do however...prefer the lay out of the Tsukuba store better and it is exactly like an Old Navy you'd see in the US. Pictured up above is the Old Navy in Tsukuba. After shopping there we went to H&M which is right next door to Old Navy. That advertisement in this picture to the right with a mom and her daughter is..H&M. After H&M, we picked up some Mc D's and headed to another mall in Tsukuba because this mall where Old Navy is...has no Uniqlo. Weird this mall has zero Uniqlo. However no worries we went to Uniqlo and then to a 3rd location...the Gap outlet. Then we called it a day shopping wise and headed to eat some ramen at our favorite shop. I had the spicy ramen, tantanmen. Everybody else picked shoyu.
At Old Navy they had a sale. Not sure if it's because they're going out of business or what but..if you buy 2 things you get the 2nd one...or cheaper of the two, half off. And us being smart figured. If we buy say for example...8 items...why should we just get 1 item 50% off. Why not try and make it as cheap as possible. So that's what we did. You see how we have many small bags from Old Navy? We gave Noah some cash. And he went and bought 2 things/items. Got the 2nd one 50% off. Then we gave Bran cash too, he was in line behind Noah...we actually were all in line... behind one another. And so it was actually smarter to get 4 things 50% off this way... versus just getting 1. 

Men's sweatpants for Bran. For American size wise he's a men's large and it is plenty big. Slightly baggy and comfy for him to wear around the house. These were near $30 however this was cheaper than Branden's jacket. So they only give you the cheaper item 50% off, so Branden actually got these sweatpants for like 1500 yen so like US $15! And yes, if we can get 50% off, as many items as we can, why the hell not!

Branden fell in love with this jacket. He got this in a large too. And this was full price, he bought the jacket and sweatpants together, so got the sweats 50% off, which was still quite a fantastic deal. And these 2 long sleeve tops to the left in a men's size large, one was 50% off. And I went and checked out for those 2 shirts.

From Uniqlo, Bran picked 2 new pair of undies. We wanted another print too but they didn't have his size. Japanese size wise he's an XL and American size wise he's a L.

Noah was lucky to get these 50% off, these are sweatpants. 

On Old Navy online on the US website, some mom said these were perfect for her skinny son. And I also have a hard time finding clothes for my skinny minnie too... having such a skinny son is hard to find clothes for...I know. Noah has always had to cinch his waste band to the smallest...on those waste cincher things inside kids shorts or pants. Or buy a slim fit. So when she mentioned these being better for slim boys. I appreciated that. So, I made sure to look for these for Noah, so he got a pair of these too. I love the bright red wording and these almost look like denim colored sweats. Such cute sweatpants.

Again Old Navy is leaving Japan so we picked these orange shorts for Noah in the size he'll be next year.

A beautiful aquamarine colored top. 

Size Large 10-12 for Old Navy is a size large. And fits my 11 year old perfectly.

However at Gap a large is only a size 10 and too small for Noah, so he has to wear an XL at Gap, since he needs the size 12, since he's 11. Just something...I always have to make sure and double check. This came from Gap.

A very cute Gap USA long sleeve. With a dancing hamburger and a dancing hot dog on the shirt.

And Gap New York.

So 3 long sleeve tops to add to Noah's closet. It's long sleeve shirt weather already.

I really love the pajamas available at Uniqlo. Why? Because their prices are super fair..at only 1990 yen for both a top and bottom set. So the price is affordable. Also, they have all different weights of material for their PJ's. They have thin material PJ's. All the way to the thickest heaviest fleece PJ's. So if your house or apartment in Japan has no central heating. No worries at all. Your child can be warm and toasty with a pair of super thick super soft... super warm cute PJs. Uniqlo is available all over Japan and for a set for only 1990 you really can't beat that price. They call these,,,,"room wear"...see this one says...a room set. My 11 year old wears the XL size. And we prefer the lighter material pair of PJ's and that's only because we have floor heating and central heating at our house and our kids would melt to death...flat out bake... if they wore fleece PJs. So this matches our living conditions best in our home. But...they have all sorts of different thickness in PJs. And the prices are super duper! I picked Noah the gray and red striped pair. Pure gray bottoms and a stripey preppy top. He has been wearing these to night night...or to sleep every single night. : ) Probably next month I'll pick him up a 2nd pair. 

They have sizes from little 2 year olds all the way to adults. : ) 

So this is Noah's pajama set. 

Noah's classmates all wear neck warmers. This one came from Uniqlo it's that special Heattech material. The kids run in the mornings to practice for the "marathon" and all the kids use these. Noah had one last year from a different store, but we saw this one and he asked for it. So he has been using this one. They are useful for him, since he runs in the mornings at school with his classmates. : ) 

Jeans at Uniqlo for 1500 yen. So super cheap prices. Fair prices. Quality is like Gap for sures. 

We picked Noah twin jeans. Hahaha. : ) Uniqlo jeans. 

I had to check H&M. It's because I really like that store. And I found a really great pair of boots for myself. So Noboru bought them for me.

My foot is a size 9. But I bought these in a size 9.5 because winter means thicker socks. Seriously..if you have size 8 1/2 feet or 9 feet...and you live in Japan and have a hard time finding shoes. Since in Japan women have like size 6 teeny tiny feet. Fwiw, my mom has a size 6 foot, lol. And fwiw, my feet were a size 8 until I had kids. And considering I only gained like 20 pounds each pregnancy and lost it almost immediately. It's just the feet. My feet went bazonkers. LOL. 

I have been wanting a pair of flat or no heel type of suede boots for ages. I looked all over last year. I even ordered a pair from a Japanese shop online last year... but when they got to my house, I hated them in person...they were really cheap looking and not cute. So, I sent them back. So, when I walked in to H&M, I saw these and was like..awww. Like a squeal. And I know they have lots of sizes at H&M. And sure enough they had a size that I even have room for a thick pair of socks inside. : ) With a pair of black leggings or skinny jeans. These will be really cute.

And the price is what...4999 yen. Like US $48! Or $49! That's not a bad price for such cute shoes. 


They also have the cheapest hair clips in town. 50 cents each clip, 100 yen for 2. I always pin my hair in 1 clip while I cook dinner. Since my hair is a LOB (long bob)...anyways...did we finish our Fall and winter clothes shopping? Nope. But we're getting there. The first start was in Denver. Bran's  2 pair of Levi's from the outlets and 2 Gap sweatshirts for Bran and a few things for Noah too in Denver too. So...this is our 2nd jump towards Fall and winter clothes shopping. Not 100% done but again...we're getting there. : )

I'm making taquitos tonight. Refried beans, Spanish rice. Everything from scratch. Dinner tonight will be bomb dot com! What else is there to say? Noah and the 5th grade kids in our housing community did trick or treating today at 10am, was when it started. Noah was in his costume so were his classmates. And he brought home a really good sized haul of stuff. I had about 15 kids ring my bell. And I did pass out treats. What else...tonight we're going to a Halloween party/ meet up at 4pm. It's in our town. And then after that we'll come home and have supper. I will be prepping everything dinner wise in the day time. So when we get home... dinner will be pretty much 98% done. Have a fantastic Halloween weekend everyone. We will be watching scary movies all this weekend on cable. And have some popcorn and treats. : )