Saturday, July 02, 2016

My 2 most recent trips to Costco...

As usual, just regular life going on here at our house. Here are some pics from 2 recent trips to Costco! My all time favorite sunscreens are Japanese ones over American ones. Sorry. They just offer tons better protection with the whole SPF PA++++ ratings here. Most sunscreens in the USA are either no + or maybe just 1 +. My favorite brand for 14 years plus have been Shiseido Anessa. But it's pricey. Well worth it yes, but still pricey. So, I do dabble with other brands. Last year I bought and tried Allie by Kanebo. Didn't protect me at all. Granted didn't get burned like I usually do however I did get darker and that's not a good thing considering the price I paid. This year though, I decided to buy this one from Biore. It was on sale at Costco, the sale went away July 1st, I think but ran a full week or two maybe 3. This is actually a cult favorite among Americans into Asian beauty and who comment on the AB boards. I read the blogs, I know. As in 1 woman whose blog I read she lives in California she buys like 3 or 4 of these Biore tubes not this 2 pack. She buys from a seller off Amazon.com and she uses them sparingly since they are hard to find in the US. She loveslovesloves this one. As do tons of her followers. With summer here now, and being I do live in Japan and can access this any ol' time I want and given it was even cheaper for me at Costco in Japan. I was thinking why not. I'll try it. I am still testing it out right now, but I can tell you this much. I like it so far. But I'm not like in *deep love* with it either though, it's not holy grail for me. Let me try it another week and then I will give you my honest thoughts. However I want to try it for a good bit of time before making a quick decision. But 1480 yen for 160grams of product 80 grams per tube. Not a bad deal. I'll keep you updated. Moving along...

This was my cart pic from that day. Oh the date. The date I purchased this stuff was June 20th. You can see, torillas chips for nachos, hamburger buns for chicken sandwiches, tortillas, shredded cheese, that big honkin' bottle of Yoshida's Original Gourmet sauce, Laundry detergent, and some powder for my dishwasher...

A rotisserie chicken because I had that movie to see Money Monster the next day with my friends. And the Biore sunscreen the huge 2 tube pack. 

And my Costco Inzai, just got a brand new shipment of Crocs. The day I was there June 20th. They had a whole bunch of new different styles that they didn't have the last time. And I was really excited. And knowing how quickly they sell out. And if you see a shoe you like you...you better snatch it up ASAP or next time it may just be long gone. So knowing all that. When I saw these, I was like. I love these. They sort of reminded me of my Mary Jane shoes I used to wear when I was a little girl. But updated and with holes for summer. They are relaxed fit. I bought mine in a Women's US size 9. I love these!

Hi super cute shoes for summer! Hi sunscreen. You better protect me this summer sunscreen and please don't be a total dud like that Allie by Kanebo one was last year! : ) I still have a brand new one of Anessa though unopened... that I will use when we go on vacation this summer though. But this Biore one better be just enough for the day to day. : )
7 days later. My Costco cart pic from June 27th. Lean ground beef was on sale last week, so I purchased a pack of lean ground beef which was perfect for our BBQ the other night. Buns for the burgers. A rotisserie chicken that I turned into taquitos. OMG are those good. Handmade pasta and behind that is Mozzarella shredded cheese. We had homemade pizza night from scratch last Friday night. And tonight I am making chicken parmesan on top of that delicious handmade pasta. Also you see a huge mixed salad...

While I'm a Miracle Whip girl and really don't care for anything else, nothing personal at all, it's just what I was raised with. The kids too. Noboru is a straight up hardcore fan of Kewpie. Which is fine, it's what he grew up with and same for me, Miracle Whip is what I grew up with. He still stays him and I still stay me. : ) No worries. : ) What else, oh yes 2 big jars of jalapenos in this cart pic and a 3 pack of organic pasta sauce. And...

4 brand new pillows. Gel memory foam something or other. These are highly rated in the US. I checked online. These days... we rarely make a purchase without checking reviews first. They have been selling these for the whole month. The price is legit...so super cheap. It's like 998 yen for a 2 pack. So a few yen under 500 yen a pillow. And 500 yen a pillow is quite the deal. So we bought 2 packs, so 4 pillows total. 1 brand new one for Noah, 1 brand new one for Branny McB and 1 new one for Noboru and 1 for me. I have since thrown our old pillows in the trash and we are now using these. These pillows are big and so comfortable. And that price was what got me. They have other pillows for sale at Costco in Japan too... feather pillows for near 3000 yen for a 2 pack. That's a bit pricey for me. But 2 for 998 yen. Right on! Cheap prices and super good quality. If you offer me that. I will jump on it. 

2 two packs.

Yep it's that time of year again. BBQ season! Which is why we needed the charcoal. I love Summer. My favorite season of all. Hitting the beach. Hitting the pools. No waking up early as soon as the kids go on break from school (end of July, like July 21st or something like that) to take the kids to school. Sleeping in. Going to movies (we're going to see Finding Dory as soon as it's released for us in Japan July 16th or around then). Going on vacation. BBQ's galore. I love summer. Hands down Summer is my jam! Happy Saturday everyone!  : )

What's my plan for today? Nothing. Just kicking back here at home relaxing, my house is clean and so my day is for relaxing. Law and Order SVU has a marathon every Saturday, for like 10-12 hours straight. I usually watch Law and Order SVU on Saturdays off and on all day (not when I'm in the kitchen obviously prepping dinner or fixing lunch that sort of thing but, ykwim, I hope). And in the evening, I usually watch Dateline or 20/20 depending which one has the better program for the night. LOL. : ) I do have a load of shorts in the dryer as I type. And I will be frying up the parmesan cutlets before whacking them into the oven later. For our chicken parm later tonight. And if you're in Japan wondering ...but it's summer aren't you melting using your oven? Honest answer no, my house isn't hot in the summer at all...seriously at all... and I don't have to deal with the dreaded mold in a central air conditioned house either. Like at all. Sorry. Not rubbing it in. Gomen ne~...but yeah...seriously speaking thank goodness for cold as ice central air conditioning all summer long and the solar panels to make it free for us to use 24/7 and yes our solar panels are paid off, no payments here for those! So doesn't get hot in our house at all. And we do run our ceiling fans in the house too, they are in all the bedrooms upstairs and 1 in the dining area and 2 in our living room. So we get tons of nice cool breezy air from the central air and the ceiling fans. Anyways...Bran's in the kitchen studying his brains out right now. Noah's off riding bikes with his bestie Naoki. Bran has 1 last test before going on summer break. He has a test this coming Monday and then he won't have a test until after summer break. So after Monday..his brain can rest. : )

Noah's birthday ice-cream cake will arrive here tomorrow morning from Nagano (2 layered- 1 layer is Nutella chocolate and 1 layer is banana, yumm). And as you know, we said we are taking Noah to one of the Disney's as his birthday present from us. I can't say Disney Sea or Disneyland until afterwards. But for surely 7 days from now we will have already gone. We did choose a weekday, like I have been saying since my blog first started in 2005, going on a weekday is always best (less crowded). We also chose a day that best fit, Noboru's days off for this week. Plus best matched our schedule (clearly we couldn't pick Monday for example since Bran's test is this Monday).So sometime this week our family will most definitely be at one of the Disney's spending an entire morning to evening/ when it closes there. And at Kua 'Aina. So 1 day from this coming week if my blog is quiet you'll know why... it's because we are at one of the Disney's. : ) We'll be celebrating Noah's birthday Disney style. Can't believe Noah will be 11 this coming week, can you! : )