Friday, May 27, 2016

Mother's Day...

If you are a mom, mommy or mama, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! If you are not, hope you either got to spend it with your mom or at least enjoyed the day anyway! : )  How was my Mother's Day 2016?  As always it was low key (story of my life, haha) Restful, relaxful. Quiet and nice. Branden as you know had left that morning on his final 9th grade school/class trip on his 3 day trip to Kyoto. Noboru left home after breakfast to head to work. And it would just be Noah and I. We watched excellent TV. We lazed around on the couch and relaxed. Knowing how busy I am during the weekday and Noah too. It was good for us to just get 1 day to rest and relax. Did I get anything for Mother's Day? Yes, but honestly I don't really "need" anything. But Noboru did give the boys 2500 yen to buy me something. While we were at Sanki and I was looking for a towel for Branden for his school trip. This towel did catch my eye. It's brown and pink. It's so thick and big and fluffy and wonderful. Granted I wasn't looking for anything for myself at all. But this was just there. It was gorgeous. And... given the fact that I have been using my same blue and white striped towel for 12 years. @_@ Should I be admitting that? Hahaha. Holy goodness you guys! And yes, I bought that too at Sanki. @_@ Anyways...I think I definitely got my money's worth regarding my well loved well used... blue and white stripe towel. So it was definitely time? Hahaha. I'd say yes. This new brown and pink one was 1,790 yen. I don't think I have ever had a towel that pricey before? Yep...I told you I'm not fancy schmancy! See? Hahaha. The kids saw I liked it. And I was like no....it's 1790 yen. US$16.50. Granted I won't hesitate to buy my kids something 1790yen but for myself. Ehhhh, I hesitate. Anyways...the kids were like. "We have this Mother's Day money" Let us buy this towel for you. And so I was like...ehhh okay. : ) And so they went and paid and were all super happy! And they handed me the Sanki bag and were like...should we wrap it for you? And I was like...no that's quite alright. The towel as is...is plenty fine for me. : ) And no...I have not thrown out my blue and white stripey towel. I am still keeping it. Why? I don't know! LOL! 
Definitely the thickest softest towel I have ever used. My last towel was so nice and a little scratchy and I was just used to it. With this one...I'm thinking...wow this is so nice... too nice? Too thick? Too fluffy? I'm trying to get adjusted to the new towel. It may take me some time. But I do love it. : ) However...I'm still not ready to throw out my stripe towel...because what if...for some odd reason I should need a 2nd towel? You never know...right? So, I think I better keep it for safe keeping. But I am loving my new bath towel. : ) 

This order from Koreadepart was only like US$20, it's just all I needed. Noboru gifted these to me for Mother's Day. I usually pick gifts...that are basic. Like gifts I'll actually use. Take this 450 yen face wash on the left for example. It smells good,  and ya'll know how weird and picky I am with scents. Also it doesn't dry out my face or make it oily. It's just a basic face cleanser and I finally have 1 that I really like, and the price is fair/cheap at 450 yen a tube. And it's practical and I picked 2 of those. Plus 1 jar of makeup remover. This takes off all my makeup. And that is a good thing. I wear makeup 3 days a week if I'm going out...but I can't stand wearing makeup. @_@ I hate the feel of it on my face. I mean...I am a girl so I do have to wear it. But...as soon as I come home...first thing I do is grab a steaming hot wash cloth and take my makeup off and then I was my face with a tube cleanser afterwards. And also in this box is... I picked up a foot peeling mask thing. You soak your feet for like an hour,,,and 5 days later your feet peel and shed like crazy and then they are baby soft. They all work the same and I don't care which brand and this one was like 300 yen for this one. So that's it. 2 tubes of face wash, 1 mini pot of makeup remover and 1 foot peeling mask. Super duper practical. Again not fancy. But just very practical things. And for them all, they totaled to about $20.  

Manufactured 4/13 2015, expires 9, 2017. This is the coconut makeup remover. 

Face washes (2), expire 12 (December), 21 2017. A good long while on those 2 tubes of wash face. That I am sure... will be long gone by that expiration date. : ) 

Some might say...that's pretty boring stuff. I say, I don't care. I love a practical gifts that I will totally use. : ) 

In that little circle dot it says firming. It has fermented products in it. Just like the SK-2 has fermented products inside, this is just tons cheaper... but still so good. 

This smells so good. Not like fake coconuts like suntan lotion type scent... this smells more like coconut cream pie. Or coconut pudding. I love this one. I prefer this way more than my Clean It Zero by Banila Co. The Clean It Zero regular one smells like...Kool-Aid powder exactly. That's what it smells like to me,,,cherry Kool-Aid to be exact. And that isn't my most fave scent to rub on my face. Granted the Clean it Zero scent doesn't suck but...I won't repurchase the Clean it Zero because of that scent. This one smells so good. I love the way this Coconut makeup remover smells like. So, I was happy to get the coconut one again.

I do enjoy the free samples. 

And the kids bought me a value size bag of the Mint Choco Kit Kats the day before Mother's Day. These are so good! Anyway those were my Mother's Day gifts this year 2016. Very nice useful things. A nice plush bath towel, some essential toiletries like face wash that I'll actually be using and some choco mint Kit Kats. I'm a lucky mom. : )