Friday, April 01, 2016

Bits and pieces...

I better get this post up today. : ) One good thing about me is, I have so many stories to share and tell. So much to talk to you all about. Mostly my day to day type stuff. But I'll absolutely never....not ever run out of anything to say here. : )  So in an effort to hurry these next 2 posts along. I will try and get this one up today. : )  These next couple pics are of stuff Noboru brought back from Atlanta, Georgia. I am sure most of ya'll saw it, the week he actually bought it. But this way, if I just gather it all in one fell swoop and post. We can consider the Atlanta 1 month chapter closed. : )  He brought back 2 packs of brownies. I had asked him to bring back a box of brownies because I knew I would be using up our last box for White Day brownies for the girls from Bran and Noah. Ru was kind enough to bring me back 2 boxes instead of 1. So, very nice. : )  Again not 100's, but 2 packs is plenty. : )

Cinnamon Bun Oreos. A pack for each of the kids and I. They're gone. But we haven't opened the Filled Cupcake ones yet. So we still have those. : ) Anyway back to the Cinnamon bun Oreos. Honestly? Probably THE very best Oreo, I have ever had in my life. They were THAT good. The cookie was cinnamon flavored and the cream inside was cinnamon bun flavored, I could even taste a bit of cream cheese frosting type of flavor going on. It was seriously delicious. I hope they're still selling that flavor this summer when we go to the USA for summer. Branden also told me, "this is the best Oreo flavor I've ever had" I couldn't agree more. : ) They're so good.

Pop Tarts. Because, Americans clearly live here. : ) 

Miracle Whip. Because.... sandwiches and because it's so good.

Easter goodies. I also brought back a few misc Easter treats from Guam also, but that's going to be in another post. : )

10 packs...was so happy he brought back the big box of this.

Tic Tacs for the kids.

I've read 1 magazine front to back twice, but the other 3, I am saving for when the kids go back to school and I pick them up in the afternoon. Gives me something fun to read, while I'm doing the afternoon pick up. : )

10 packs of pot roast. Because nice leisurely Sunday dinners happen. : ) 

Yes to Coconuts melting makeup cleanser (haven't tried this yet, but I can't wait), the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boost face wash, I use in the morning when I am washing my face, with a hot wash cloth. This doesn't dry out my skin and it smells so good. I knew it had a scent and because I am really weird with scents. Meaning I don't like 80% of scented products. Either too strong, too perfumy etc. So, I was worried...however  I actually like the smell of this one, so go figure. : ) Haven't used the face cloths yet but I will. : ) 

Birthday goodies. 3 foundations. Plus it's March so Noboru received my Sephora birthday gifts from Fresh. : ) A mini Soy Face wash and a mini cream. I am loving all 3 of these foundations. The color matches on these 3 is perfect, thanks to my skin twin that actually spent her time finding the right/perfect color. That way, I didn't have to do any work at all. I appreciate that a ton, she's a genius, she rocks. I've only used the Nars Sheer glow twice so far, but every time I use it I am so shocked by what a dead on...color match Fiji is for my skin. It's light and it's yellow. It's my perfect shade. And the Make Up For Ever Ulta HD, I took to Guam with me and used the whole trip I was there. Again a perfect color match. And the Face and Body really is super light and the color match is so right. The only thing I would say is, the Nars and Ultra HD, I use just 1 and a half pumps to do my entire face, I dot 1 dot on my cheeks, 1 dot on my forehead, nose etc. And rub in. It's enough and it's fine putting dots all over my face. However the Face and Body one, is very liquidy like everyone says on YouTube but it is seriously almost water like however....it dries down as soon as you put a dot on your face, so...you can't just... dot all over your face like a regular foundation. It would be dried like paint if you did that. So dot once rub in 100% then dot another place and rub in 100% and so on. So that tiny thing I learned. But other then that. It looks so natural. And it isn't drying or doesn't show flakes (I don't have flakes because I use a wash cloth daily and also exfoliate regularly anyways, but ykwim). I have dry skin and it doesn't make me look dry. It actually is geared for dry skin. But just watch your application if any of you... should ever try the MUFE Face and Body. You can't just put it on like....any other foundation. After it sinks into your skin for like a minute or two, it doesn't even look like your wearing makeup at all. Very natural. Anyway, I am enjoying all 3 of these right now. I also have 2 other new foundations pictured below, one is a powder foundation but I'll be using it more like a setting powder maybe, we'll see and the CC Cream. : ) 

I have yet to try the It Cosmetics products yet. I will, just haven't had the chance yet. Haven't tried the new NYX primer either or the brow products yet. However I have used the NYX intense butter gloss in Tres Leches and I like how natural it looks, very MLBB in color. 

I've seen the IT Cosmetics on QVC. Have also seen the commercials for it weekly too. Love that this powder foundation has Hyaluronic Acid and Niacin. Plus Collagen. I'll keep you updated. 

Like a foundation plus an anti-aging serum together. This sounds so interesting and I'm so glad I have it here in Japan and I can try it out. So these basically were my birthday presents, meaning the makeup from Noboru. : )

Both in the color/shade light.


Noboru is always wanting to teach Branden and also Noah "boy things" granted not saying girls can't change a tire, I'm not saying that at all. But you know what I mean, I hope. Noboru was telling me after he got back from Atlanta. It's Spring we should take the snow tires off the "mini" mini van. And put on the normal regular tires. I agreed. And he said, I am going to teach Branden how to do it, that way when he's older, if he should ever get a flat, or if his girlfriend or wife should ever need a tire changed. He'll know how to do it and not have to rely on AAA or something. And again, I agree the boys should know how to do stuff like this and I am so glad that Noboru wants to teach the kids stuff like this. So, he took and changed 1 tire... explaining every step and why. And also what NOT to do too. And then he had Branden change the other 3 tires. He double checked Bran's work while it was happening. And then the 3 of them, Noah too. The 3 of them went for a spin around our housing community. Just to make sure everything was A-okay. And it was. And Branden was super proud. : ) I was super proud too. Noboru was so proud he took a video of Branden changing the tires, lol.  Noboru says Noah is too little still, but he did have Noah be outside and hear everything too, so he heard the whole dos and don'ts that he was giving Bran. And so when Noah is Bran's age...he will already have a pretty good idea already. : )  

Random pic from the grocery store. Hand soap refill far left. Face wash for Bran second to left. He's really liking this one. Some sunscreen. And 1 refill of the shampoo we're using. 

They spruced up the bottle. Ariel and Flounder. And this bottle is giant. Well giant for a Japanese sunscreen. Most bottles of sunscreen average 30grams. This is 100 grams. It's a biggie. : ) But sun protection is important and the price was right. It was like 750 yen or so at Trial (a store here)

My favorite is Anessa by Shiseido, but this looked similar to the Shiseido bottle I use. Both are in gold squeeze bottles. So we'll see, how I like it. : ) 

This post is almost finished. : ) On my birthday, when I came down the stairs at 5:20am, this card was sitting on my computer keyboard. I didn't know he had this. I was pleasantly surprised. 

I read the card! Loved the card! Describes us perfectly! Basically, he's so glad, I'm his co-pilot, so to speak. He's so glad I'm riding right next to him.  That we're sorta in this together, for the long haul! But at the heart of it and I am sorry if it sounds cheesy, but we're best friends. At the core of all the romance we're truly.... the very VERY best of friends. And it's just so nice to know that after seeing this card...he feels exactly the same way. : ) 
So like Bonnie and Clyde. Minus the outlaw stuff. : ) Like Jack and Rose from Titanic. Just like in the Notebook, "if you're a bird, I'm a bird." Like Paul and Linda McCartney, they had the truest and most magical love I know. Didn't he once say something like, "every long song I write is for her" ...Awww. Weren't we all a bit devastated when she died years ago. Poor Paul. : (  Like Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi. Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka. Barack and Michelle Obama. The list could go on. But, every once in a while you see that 1 magical couple that is just so deeply in love... that just fits...and I mean REALLY fits. That 1 magical couple that all the other couples long to be. And I am so glad to be married to my perfect match. That one who truly "gets" me and I truly "get" him. 
Like Jay-Z and Beyonce. And again, like I said, the list does go on. But yeah if you're lucky to be in a marriage like that, your truly blessed. : )  Not everyone is lucky enough to be married to their soul mate. I'm so glad to be married to mine. : )
The day of my birthday, Noboru didn't have work that day. After sending the boys to school with a nice packed lunch. Noboru and I got dressed and we went to McD's for breakfast. We sat and enjoyed some breakfast, some nice hot coffee. And talked and talked. He had just got back 2 days before from Atlanta and we had so much to talk about still. We went and ran some errands after breakfast, like grocery store run and whatnot. And the plan was, as soon as the kids got out of school we would be going out to dinner at Jolly Pasta for my birthday dinner. So that's what we did. Dinner there is so good! The 4 of us enjoyed a very nice birthday dinner together. We had a drink bar. It was very nice. 

After a nice leisurely dinner at Jolly Pasta, we drove the 45 minutes back home and it was birthday cake time! Ice cream cake birthday time! : ) 

There's a nice cake on the bottom and you get to pick 2 flavors of handmade icecream. I picked maple walnut as my bottom layer of ice cream and banana as my top layer. I love that I shut the camera off at this point. And they all gathered around and sang me "happy birthday" so super loudly and nicely. I was cracking up. They clapped all loud and even I clapped...not sure why I clapped, probably just in the moment. : ) But it was really nice...super special and spent with my favorite people. : ) I love no stress, low key, chill birthdays like this. Where we can actually all just enjoy our selves. : )

Anything to add right now? Umm, the kids are on Spring break/end of the Japanese school year break. Until April 6th. Anything else to add? We're having our first backyard BBQ for 2016, tomorrow/Saturday. Can't wait! I bought some super sweet seedless rose colored grapes, not like green grapes or like deep dark purple grapes. You know what I mean? Like a rosy type color. The green and rosy ones were on sale, I tried 1 of each and the rosy ones were so super sweet I bought a nice sized amount and we've been munching on them all day today. I bought them at Besia/Cainz. We even have plenty to munch on after supper tonight. What's for dinner tonight? A tandoori chicken and broccoli dish with a side of rice. Yesterday/last night we had cutlet, salad, veggies and rice. Alrighty, that's enough for now, have a nice weekend everyone. : )